Paragon Software: 35% Halloween discount until 01 Nov 2006

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Paragon Software: 35% Halloween discount until 01 Nov 2006

Coupon code: "Halloween"

Attached Files:

2. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

If you use "PST70" and then "PST120", you get 70% off and a free Backup CD.
    This applies to all products including server editions.

Hope this helps.

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Not working now; probably blacklisted if not official coupon codes. But I can confirm that about 3 hours ago these codes were working.

Even better offers on some of the Paragon Backup/Imaging software;

1. Paragon Drive Backup 8 Special Edition - available for free in a number of UK PC magazines currently on sale. For example in PC Pro Issue 146, December Edition. This Special Edition is exactly the same as the Standard Edition which is $50 but you cannot update this Special version. True cost is actually the price of the magazine - $8. Worked first time, and faster than Exact Image.

2. Paragon Exact Image 7 and Paragon Drive Copy - Free until November 1st. Again Paragon Exact Image worked both on an Image and a restore on my system.

Overall, I have carried out a number of successful Images and Restores with a new laptop and I am very happy with Drive Backup 8 as backup to IFW/IFD.

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi Blackcat,

The code is still working here, at least for PST120.

6. Blackcat

Hi Chubb,

It seems to depend upon the software you choose o_O

I selected a good one here; entered PST120 and received an offer of $0 for Paragon Drive Copy! :blink: :blink:

This is a good offer but I wonder whether it would go through okay? Paragon definitely seem to be giving away their software at the present time.

Attached Files:

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Some time before, I got an error when processing the credit card transaction with zero amount with another software. I would guess you may need to have at least order the CD to make the amount more than zero.

8. Blackcat

Or at least here in the UK, pay the dreaded VAT!

9. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, something like that. :p

10. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

11. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Thought I would try out Paragon Personal Edition 8.0 Trial, and this is what I discovered about the so-called Recovery Disc. Doesn't matter what you do with the program in Windows, the Recovery Disc is what really counts ...because you may get a Virus, mess up a System file, or etc..and CAN'T boot into Windows. Therefore, the most crucial thing...IS the Recovery Boot CD:doubt:

1. Paragon Boot CD = 4.28mb .... ATI Recovery Disc = 46mb

Booting with Paragon Disc, ....WOW! What confusion! There is nothing but a DOS line. What do you enter? How is 4.28mb suppossed to give you enough options to Recover your HD...in case you can't boot up the HD?? Unless you HAVE to buy the program to create a Full Recovery disc.... I've found NO WAY at all to access an HD with this disc from the Trial version. :thumbd:

Booting with ATI Recovery Disc...is Great!! You can access a Unbootable HD, and actually Restore an Image! No problems at all using the Recovery Disc. :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  12. KikiBibi

Hi Guys,

The code is working for me at least on the shopping cart page.

PST10 - 10% discount
    PST20 - 20% discount
    PST30 - 30% discount
    PST40 - 40% discount
    PST50 - 50% discount
    PST60 - 60% discount
    PST70 - 70% discount

You can use the free ATI 7 to get a 50% competitive discount which is PST50. From the code, I went from PST10 to PST300 and only up to 70% discount.

:D I'm too free. :p

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have tried their Exact Image and Hard disk manager and found that they don,t work well. Tried on two ssytems. They restored and partitioned but boot up was not exactly as before so there is something lacking.

14. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Is this advertising or not ?

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I don,t think so!

16. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, the Acronis Rescue CD (created with the Rescue Media Builder) is a very good tool!!! :thumb: :thumb: I have the TrueImage 9.0 Full and the Disk Director Suite 10 Full added to the media. I can simily create and restore backup images without installing TrueImage. Disk Director 10 is also a good tool to replace the Windows 98 bootdisk to format a new HD with FAT32 or NTFS, without the need to use the disk tool utility from Seagate or Western Digital. :thumb: :thumb: The UI of ATI and DD in the bootable CD is also the same as the installed program and is easy to use and navigate. I have used the ATI Rescue CD to create and restore images many times without problem.

I am not sure what Paragon boot CD you are referring, but according to my record:

Drive Backup 8.0 Pro Recovery CD ISO image: 38MB

Drive Copy 8.0 Pro Recovery CD ISO image: 47MB

Exact Image 7.0 SE Recovery CD ISO image: 31MB

I haven't burnt and try the CD yet, but judging from the size of the CD, it seems it may not be just a DOS boot CD.

17. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Are these codes for volume purchase for corporate customers? o_O I only got the Halloween promotion e-mail from Paragon after getting the free Exact Image 7.0 SE from https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=150505

18. KikiBibi

Hi Chubb,

I got code pst50 for the competitive discount when I emailed them. The email says it is for personal edition but I went and tried it on different editions and they work.

So I plus/minus 10 to the pst50 to try my luck and it works too. That's how I got these.

19. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, I also saw the competitive upgrade on the Paragon's web site. Thanks for sharing the discount code :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.