Paragon Scripting Language (PSL) question

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Anakunda, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakunda

Anakunda Registered Member

Hello, how do I write PSL command properly that invokes a perl script.

I have written this small script file which however doesnot seem to do anything

test.psl:
    Code:
    exec file "C:\\Perl\\bin\\perl.exe C:\\Users\\Anakunda\\Documents\\backup_free_space.pl -r 3gb Y:\\backup"

If I execute the perl proggy directly from cmd, I get some printout and then it exits, but if I call

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 11 Professional\program\scripts.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Hard Disk Manager 11 Professional\scripts\test.psl"

this doesnot seem to print anything and it doesnot exit, looks like the perl proggy even doesnot run. What's wrong?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

scripts.exe doesn't work with non-paragon scripts. Paragon scripts has specific structure.

What is in backup_free_space.pl ?

3. Anakunda

Script to free space on target drive. I don't know how to ensure free space before running backup in scheduled mode. Can do this by PSL command?

4. Mech_An

you can create *.bat file to execute PL script with perl.exe before running backup:
    Go to Tools- Settings - Run during backup option - and point required *.bat file in the field "Execute before"

5. Anakunda

I`ve got finally the external script working by providing this PSL command:

exec file "perl C:\\Users\\Anakunda\\Documents\\perl\\backup_free_space.pl Y:\\backup"

It just takes some while before the external command runs.

6. Mech_An

Glad to know you found the solution :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.