Paragon restore image to USB

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jwc, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwc

jwc Registered Member

I have a Kingston 16GB Traveller USB flash drive. It's not formatted with anything special; it's just a collection of files and directories formatted to FAT32.

Some time back (June 2011) I took a Paragon backup image of it. However, this evening, while trying to restore it, Paragon said that it could not work with this image. It provided no diagnostics, nor did it even present a passable reason for why I could not use this image.

"The wizard has found a hard disk that it cannot work with. Please note that this disk will not be available in the wizard." and "Why the wizard cannot work with my disks?" -> "Basic Hard Disk 1: Cannot restore from backup to this disk."

Honestly, wtf? Is the problem a corrupted image? Or that it won't write files to a USB stick? Paragon will only mount some of the directories, too, not all of them. ("Export failed") Is this really what passes for diagnostic messaging?

Paragon Hard Disk Manager™, version 2010, build 9369 (15.01.10 ) Professional

Anyway, looking for options to get around this (in the safe mode boot mode maybe?) or some other way to resolve this. I'd go for a simple mount (export) of the directories but apparently it won't do that either.

2. jwc

jwc Registered Member

Oy, answering my own post....

The export was the only way to accomplish this. Never did figure out why PHD would not work with restoring an image to a USB - something with the boot sector maybe? - but I got my files restored from the image.

thanks for looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.