Paragon Rescue Kit 10.0 Free Edition Not working

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by ProsperousOne, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProsperousOne

ProsperousOne Registered Member

I just downloaded and burned a DVD of Paragon Rescue Kit 10.0 Free Edition, placed the DVD in my computer and booted from the DVD drive.

The Paragon Rescue Kit 10.0 welcome screen appears, and the progress bar gets to about 50% within 60 seconds... then slows to a snail's pace, and seems to freeze.

I left it overnight, and the next morning my screen was blank except for a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner. I rebooted, and the progress was still at about 55% after 60 minutes when I left for work.

Background issue: I have a 3month old computer:
    Windows 7
    AMD Quad Core Phenom II
    8GB Ram
    64GB SSD (Crucial) for OS & Programs
    2 - 1 TB HDD in a RAID 0 configuration for data.

Problem: Blue Screen of Death, followed by a complete SSD failure. I replaced the SSD with a new one, and was finally able to successfully install Windows 7 x64.

However, during the install, I inadvertently deleted my 1TB HDD (RAID 0) Partition, but did no other writing to the 1TB HDD.

I'm hoping to use Rescue Kid to undelete the partition.

Is this possible, and what's the best method to do that?

When I installed the Windows 7, I could see the 1TB HDD in the windows install, but now after installing Windows 7, I can't even see the 1TB HDD when I browse the computer, I only see the 64GB SSD.

Thanks for any help in advance, and my apologies of this is in the wrong forum.

P1

2. ProsperousOne

ProsperousOne Registered Member

Update: I burned another DVD and that took care of the problem....

How I can't get the program to "see" the hard disk with the removed partition. :(

If I run disk manager in Windows 7, I can see it, but there is no drive letter assigned, and the only option is to click on "New Simple Volume..."

I'm worried this will further mess it up :(

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You're doing it the right way - boot the cd, and run the undelete tool on the deleted partition .

It should show as unallocated space.

Hardware support is much better on the pe3 cd - it doesn't come with the free version tho.

Don't create a new simple volume - that will make any kind of recovery much more difficult.

The undelete tool will probably recognize it from within windows if you have another Paragon app. e.g. partition manager

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.