Paragon Partition Manager Problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by mapleleafs89, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapleleafs89

mapleleafs89 Registered Member

I have 3 partitions on my DELL desktop.

OS(D: ), C:, Backup(default with dell PCS)

So I wanted to resize my c/d driver partitions, making C 70 gb bigger while OS make 70 gb smaller. So I set it correctly and start the process, it shuts down then starts and boots the partition manager. It does its thing and when it goes to restart my computer it says failed to start windows, a recent change to your hardware or softwaremay be the cause.

Underneath it says.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

So idk what do frigging do, what did the program friggen break my HD or something, Im freaking out. All my stuff is on that partition. The other parition isnt a bootable one so I cant even boot on that pc anymore...

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi mapleleaf,

Boot the Paragon Recovery cd - select Normal Mode then partition manager and let us know what it reports.

If you are Using the PM 10 Personal , select Normal Mode, then on the next screen , press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
    to get the Advanced screen.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Are you getting past the Window splash screen? Try hitting F8 and "Last Known Good Configuration".

Follow SIW2 instructions above, and right-click your partitions and browse. Check if all the files are intact and that the file-systems are still valid NTFS.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

"The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."

The message usually means bootmanager (bootmgr) is unable to find the bootloader(winload.exe).

Often that is the result of changing the start sector of the o/s partition - without also changing the bcd entry to reflect that.

In that case, running startup repair from the 7 dvd/recovery cd will do the job. ( might take up to 3 runs).

Otherwise, it may be the filesystem is not being recognised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.