paragon ntfs doesn't recognize my drive

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by enginn, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enginn

enginn Registered Member

Hello.

I just formatted a lacie d2 quadra 1tb external drive on a pc machine as NTFS. When I plug it to my MAC 10.5.8 with Paragon NTFS 7.0.3 installed, I'm being told: "the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer"
    The disk is however functionning normally under a pc

What is strange is that I have an identical lacie drive that I formatted the same way, in NTFS under the very same pc and that works on my mac!!! Could anyone help me troubleshoot this one?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

That is strange, I would first try running chkdsk on the drive to ensure there are no formatting errors, if any are reported you should run chkdsk /f, if that does not work then try chkdsk /r. If the drive still cannot be read by the Mac you should back up the data and try re-formatting it. You can also try formatting it on the Mac instead, however be sure to select "MS-DOS" boot method (under advanced) to ensure the drive will be readable on your PC as well.

3. enginn

enginn Registered Member

Hello, and thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Went into the disk utility of the mac and partitioned the drive as 1 partion using Windows NT filesystem and chose "Master Boot Record" under advanced options. It took less than a minute and the drive was mounted. I unmounted the drive and checked it under windows and Boom! Worked on both systems.

Thank you very much, seems like it's working.

Best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.