Paragon Hot Processing problems

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Leyenda2012, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leyenda2012

Leyenda2012 Registered Member

Hello, I have a problem with my Paragon B & R 11 Home. I try to create an incremental backup with Paragon Hot Processing enabled but throws me errors during the process of the type: "An error ocurred while enumerating working set (path to a locked file) - Reason: Locked file / access denied"
    The funny thing is that not the case with VSS enabled; For preference I would use the Paragon Hot Processing to perform incremental backup, but does not work.
    In any case the operation is completed, but with many errors, and the final size of the backup is too small compared to what it should be ...
    Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I Physically scaned the hard drive for errors, but there were none. The system backup is for Windows 7 on the C drive, and put it in a second hard drive is drive G:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What security software are you using, it might be accessing/locking the files

3. Leyenda2012

Well, I'm using Eset Smart Security 5.2. Additionally I have the Windows 7 UAC to highest level of security. I always make sure Paragon B & R run in administrator mode. I upgraded to Windows To this day.
    Another detail is that in the C: drive I have with the attribute "Compressed" to Program Files only, and the entire G hard drive, where I keep backups.
    Also, I have enabled the option bios SATA AHCI, for what it's worth to clarify

4. Leyenda2012

Hi again! Any idea about this problem? Do you think is a Paragon's Software bug? I tryied unable Win UAC, unable Eset Smart Security but Paragon B&R 11 cannot backup system partition with Paragon Hot Processing enabled...

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I would try turning off the Windows compression on both the Program Files and the backup location. If Paragon can't read the existing archive properly it certainly can't do an incremental. If you are compressing the Paragon archives there is nothing to be gained for putting them on a compressed disk and in fact it may actually slow the process down.

I think, and maybe somebody can confirm this, but I think Paragon is trying to move to VSS exclusively so Hot Processing's days may be limited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.