Paragon HDM 2009 leaving dregs on system

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zx81, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zx81

zx81 Registered Member

I had snagged the free 2009 offer from the other day and idly clicked the defragmenter. It locked up my laptop (running win7) and on a reboot I had the paragon bootloader menu

Just a headsup that it cant be removed normally, after uninstalling the program, its still there, and not fixed by a win7 dvd option to repair start problems

Googled it and had to type this in the cmd window that pops up when you have the win7 DVD repairing your pc

Bootrec.exe /FixMBR

Ive deleted the HDM suite

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

HDM 2009 is not fully win 7 compatible, especially the boot manager and the defragmentor. I had left a warning (post # 9) on the paragon free giveaway thread too. Use the 2009 version on win 7 at your own risk.

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi zx81,

Before you use any software or HDM 2009, you need to check carefully the system requirements. Windows 7 is NOT listed in the supported OS in the HDM 2009 user manual. You can download the user manual here, page 16.

HDM 2010 will have full Windows 7 support.

So it probably is not HDM's fault, as you have been using a non-Windows 7 supported software in Windows 7. My 2 cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.