Paragon HDM 2009 for Win7

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by karad, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

I run Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2009 since 10 months with XP pro,will it be ok with windows 7 either multi booting or as a single install?
    Apparently,as its fine with Vista, it should work,but better to be sure before attempting a restore!

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes, it works fine with 7 x64.

3. karad

karad Registered Member

Thank you SIW2,I am relieved I wont have to buy an upgrade then,you also imply it'll work with the 64 bits version,which is exactly what i intend to install.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The 32 and 64 installers are different. You need the right one for your operating system.

If you bought the product - you can probably get the 64 bit installer at no charge - visit the My Account section - there may be an update for you to d/l as well.

http://www.paragon-software.com/login

5. karad

karad Registered Member

SIW2,obviously I bought it,and I never could find an update at Paragon, contrary to what happened with Acronis,which updated quite often.
    I went to the Paragon Support site many times in the past, as I had previously purchased PHDM 2008 for another computer,without ever finding an hint of an update for a program.
    I could find upgrades, paid ones,though.
    I'll look for a 64bits installer chance anyway.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Kard,

If you click this link:

http://www.paragon-software.com/login

Put in the email address you used when you registered the program ( if you can't remember the password - just click the button about and they will resend it).

You should certainly find you can download an update.

Not sure how you go about getting the 64 bit version - click the Support link at the left of the page on the above
    link and ask.

Maybe one of the Paragon team on this site will help with that.

You don't have to get the 64 bit - that is only if you want to install it on a 64 bit o/s.

As you will be dual booting - you can do all your disk management with the 32 bit version you already have in XP.

Hope it helps.

7. karad

karad Registered Member

SIW2,I'm sorry to having forced you to a supplementary posting, fact is I was watching Paragon support window, but I was not 'seeing' the
    'Update' header.
    I downloaded the 64bits installer all right, ready to be used.
    No need to d/l a new BartPE rescue disk,as it works for both 32 and 64 bits.
    No need for Adaptive Restore,either.
    I have to stress that the 64bits one was the only available 'update' for me anyway as the build I downloaded in January 09 is still the one on offer,no real updates in 10 months then, while I could have 'upgraded' PHDM 2008 for a fee.
    Thanks again for your help,
    karad

8. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Does anyone know how to expand in size an already existing partition in PDM 2009? I thought it would be an appropriate place to post this instead of making a separate thread.

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Karad,

At least you got the 64 installer.

Maybe the last update was in January, and it works perfectly so no more updates are needed.

On mine , the build is 8130 for the biont.dll, etc - the same as yours - check the main window at the bottom left, click "About Hard Disk Manager". I haven't got the WinPE for that , though.

I expect HDM10 quite soon. You will find HDM9 works perfectly - I think HDM10 will also work with ext4 and Apple file system . Most people won't need that.

I am looking forward to the ability to speed up the imaging - I asked about it, and apparently it will be included. It has been on my wish list for a while.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  10. karad

karad Registered Member

SIW2, if PHDM can speed up the back up and recovery times to let's say something near half of what it is now then there would be no need to even talk about Rollbacks or Time Machines.....

I say so because I have been experimenting with Comodo Time Machine on a notebook where I was running XP and windows7 both 32 bits and I was really impressed by this speedy and safe program which runs not as a beta but like a fully mature one, whose main feature is exactly SPEED: back up 1 second-recovery = reboot time plus perhaps some defragmenting, no more than 4 minutes.

Actually,with Paragon (in my E8400,4GygaRAM,3000MHZ desktop-3partitions-only 10Gyga personal things on a 500Gyga HD)I think I can insert a Rescue disk, reboot, install the chosen image and reboot in about 13-15 minutes, while the backup stage lasts perhaps 7-9 minutes.

If they can manage 5 minutes for a backup and 6-8 for a restore,then there would be no need to look elsewhere.....

Matter of fact,I've done 6-7 restores with HDM 2008 and perhaps 12 restores with 2009 and ALL of them were as smooth as a feather excepting one on account of an external HD idiosyncrasis to let my pc boot, so if I had to decide I'd choose the generally more secure Imaging method instead of the speedier 'snapshots' one.

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

CTM won't install properly on my machine. It tells me a critical subsystem is missing. Same on 7x64 and VistaSP2 x64.

Not sure it could replace a proper image app. I don't see how it can be used if you can't boot in - or if the HD fails.

Let's hope the promised cpu throttling is included DB10.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.