Paragon HDM 11 Pro vs PM 11 Pro, and RAID...

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by dash rendar, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dash rendar

dash rendar Registered Member

Hi guys. My first post here, so please be gentle!!

Firstly, I'm a bit confused over the overlap of these two products. Does HDM 11 Pro do everything that PM 11 Pro does? And if so, does that basically mean that HDM 11 Pro is like PM11+Backup & Recovery in one product?

Next question... I've been using the free version of Backup & Recovery 11. I'm really impressed with it!!

However, I do have an issue around RAID... I have a Paragon Recovery CD that was working fine when I didn't have RAID enabled. But as soon as I enabled RAID in my BIOS (Intel Matrix Storage using the Marvel controller on an Asus i5 board), the Recovery CD would no longer boot. It just hangs after selecting "Normal Mode". Interestingly, this was regardless of whether I had any RAID volumes attached. As soon as I switched my controller type back to AHCP in the BIOS, the CD was once again useable.

I've been reading around the forums here and see some hints that this might be a known issue, and that the WinPE image created as part of the paid-for product should resolve this issue. Can anyone confirm this please?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Me too.

Yes, the idea of the winpe cd is that is has greater compatibilty - and you can load drivers ( e.g. raid drivers ) if the need arises.

3. dash rendar

dash rendar Registered Member

Thanks.

4. MarkAtHome

MarkAtHome Registered Member

Maybe this comparison would help:

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/comparison.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.