Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5 50% discount

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by farmerlee, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Dunno if its been mentioned but i got an email from Paragon a couple of days ago advertising 50% off Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5. Its only valid till the 12/5/07 so not much time left.

Coupon code: mkt-HDM8-50

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That's a great deal and thanks farmerlee for giving some notice to it.

Nows the chance for users who been reluctant to settle on a class partition & drive program to take Paragon up for use themselves. They will not be disappointed.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

now i have ordered my paragon i will tell you the 70 percent off code.
    PST70
    this should work for any paragon product.
    lodore

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

lodore. I need to hear from someone who is used other products like Acronis etc. Don't you find PARAGON infinitely more user friendly as well as dependable? Sometime these vendors push a lot of confusing details at us in how to operate their programs in order for them to perform as expected.

I will say this, as a complete green noob back on 98 systems, Paragon's program layout and settings were completely within grasp in just how to go about performing the needed procedures that we must depend on without error or failure. For me they have more than lived up to that.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@easter,
    I do find paragon easier to use than acronis.
    you press the backp partistion of full harddrive.
    tick what you want to backup.
    also e.g. if the desternation drive doesnt have enough space it tells you and doesnt proceed.
    where as once acronis told me half way throught the image it couldnt continue because of not enough space which was really annoying.
    also you know i told you about with paragon 8.5 sometimes it cant mount or unmont image as drive letter?
    well i emailed support and they have managed to reproduce the problem and the problem will be fixed in the next build.
    im just about to use the acronis tools to remove the acronis services it left behind.
    also it uninstalls cleanly unlike other products.
    lodore

6. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Shall I purchase Hard Disk Manager Personal or Drive Backup Pro ? I think I'll get Drive Backup Pro because I backup far more than I resize my partitions - and even then the "Special Edition" partition features are sufficient for me.

EDIT: Pulled the trigger. THANK YOU LODORE!

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I can almost guarantee back when we all were on 98 that i was in a very small minority who discovered PARAGON and realized the awesome potential of it's program, while all others were immersed in Acronis and wasting tons in time & money with it while yet others found Ghost sufficient enough to not chance trying something else out of the mainstream. Now Paragon is finally attracted huge attention because it's proven itself 100% reliable and simple over-time and also remained steadfast and dependable to the point they now have quietly overtaken the other so-called leaders in this industry.

Does my heart very proud now, not for Paragon so much as for the millions of users who finally have discovered for themselves that they don't have to be limited anymore to buggy, issue ridden imaging programs or their endless chatter about "Thank You For Choosing Blah Blah Blah Products" and never enjoying the full confidence or support they truly deserved all the time for their money.

8. tgbyhn10

tgbyhn10 Registered Member

Is it worth upgrading from 8.0 SE? I got that free but like the software so much I feel I should get 8.5 with the voucher above.

Anyone know if 8.0SE is ok for use on vista?

Thanks

Pete

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

paragon harddisc manager 8.5 works on vista 8.0 doesnt.
    @Easter,
    paragon product are very reliable and easy to use.
    and if there is any bugs in the software you can report it to them and they will fix it in the next build.
    i have only just discovered the magic of paragon product and which i had found it before.
    lodore

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

PARAGON imaging and partition management programs are THE ONLY ONE'S i have never had to ever doubt or worry over. Not a single one of them have ever let me down nor made any problems whatsoever, and all this dependability goes way back to my 98SE days!!!

That's why ShadowProtect although highly encouraged by sharp & experienced users here will really have to go a few miles extra to impress me.

Theres still not a single other imaging program on the Global market that's ever proven so reliable and simple as this, including StorageCraft.

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Paragon impressed me when it made the first image successfuly on my old test pc and then restored it perfecly with no fuss.
    all paragon need to do now is make the imaging faster.
    i would love to have the reliablity of my windows 95 viglen pc=D
    two reboots in 4 years.
    lodore

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  12. egghead

egghead Registered Member

13. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Thanks - have just downloaded a copy. At $23.95 I could not resist. So far I have found it slower than Acronis and the Images are bigger. will have to read the help files. I rarely repartition but perhaps that side of the program will be of use.

14. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Would Paragon Hard Disk Manager compliment Rollback Rx or is it unnessisary?
    Would Drive Backup 8.5 for one PC be the same as Hard Disk Manager?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  15. Long View

Problems - what have I done wrong ?

Before I installed Paragon I had C: windows Xp + programs D: audio CD
    E: DVD F: DATA G: Backups + images.

I made a full image of C: and then restored. Paragon very kindly decided that
    my Data image should now be called D: and my backup partition E:

which of course meant that at least 3 programs wouldn't run until I had changed the drive letters back.

Did I do something wrong when I made the image ? need to check MBR ?

16. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Question. I've never used anything like this before, where I can save a copy on another drive or to another partition.

So, if I got paragon or something similar can I save a copy of XP to another drive and, when my C drive gets clogged up with useless junk and leftover garbage, can I just copy the saved version back and it removes all the junk?

1. Also, can I select which files to save, and forget the rest?

2. If I got infected, can I replace the infected system without any worry?

3. Would I have to install the user license key again, or is all that saved too? Reason being, the idiot I bought this new PC from can't find the disk with XP Pro that he used to install onto this computer, so I have no XP CD right now. I'm assuming that MS wouldn't allow me to just use my old XP Home CD that was licensed on another computer. Or, maybe if I talked nice to them, they'd feel sorry for me? Not likely.

17. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Long View,

I think they were going to fix this.Not sure if they did.Maybe Lodore knows ?

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

sorry I don't know.
    Im sure support would be able to help and fix it for other people since long View already got the money back.
    if there is a problem im sure paragon will fix it in a later build
    lodore

19. Banshee

Hi Lodore,

did you have that problem as well when you created an image ?

I think it's annoying. I do like paragon but if it is slow, makes bigger images than ati) and on top of that changes the drive letters I am not going to buy it for sure.

I hope they fix it.

20. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@Banshee,
    my test pc has 4 partitions
    C:System
    D:data
    E:images
    G:linspire
    i have done around 20 restores and it hasn't changed any of my drive letters.
    maybe long view clicked on the wrong button by mistake.
    it used to take ATI 3hours to do a full backup ending up with a 50gb image.
    it took 3hours to create.
    February was the last time i made an image with ATI.
    since then my sister has downloaded some more custom content for sims 2 and installed a new expansion pack.
    last week when i done my first backup with paragon on my main pc took 2hours 47minutes. resulting in a 49.9gb image.
    so for me paragon takes less time
    lodore

21. Banshee

Thanks Lodore.I guess I need to try it and do a few restores myself to see if it works here.

22. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well report back once you have to see if it works for you or not.
    lodore

23. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

It's now apparent to me that my old version 6.0 of Paragon Hard Disk Manager almost cost me my entire drive. It was only a test drive but it imaged successfully, but then midway thru the restore my PC suddenly and without warning rebooted HARD for no apparent reason (Restore was in progress at DOS Level), several attempts to boot back up were met with a Blue Screen indicating some severe problem had occured. On this test drive i was using Rollback Rx at the time and resorted to it's Pre-Boot Menu to change snapshots and in an instant i was back up in windows with all my programs and settings completely intact. Mind you, i was testing my old version 6.0 of Paragon and not the latest ones which i suspect was the reason for it's apparent failure, but one thing is perfectly clear to me. Rollback programs like FD-ISR & Rollback Rx are indeed extremely vital when confronted with a problem like what happened here to me today.

I wanted to share this because rollback programs CAN & WILL rescue your system even when your imaging program fails. This is very important to note.

24. Long View

Banshee- possible the reason I have had drive letter problems is that my set up is
    C: system + program
    D: CD/DVD
    E:CD/DVD
    F: data
    G: images

Lodore has his partitions with no CD/DVD in between

Anyway Paragon have replied:

in this case you need to do the following:
    - right click on a Mu computer icon -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager
    - find DVD/CD-Rom drives category, enter it, right click at each of your DVD-Rom one by one, selecting "Disable"
    - run Paragon Drive Backup 8.5
    - unmount your "data" and "images" partitions (right click on a partition -> Remove Drive Letter) then Apply an operations
    - exit Paragon Drive Backup 8.5
    - go to DVD/CD-Rom drives category into Device Manager once again
    - enter it then right click at each of your DVD-Rom one by one, selecting "Enable"
    - run Paragon Drive Backup 8.5
    - mount your "data" and "images" partitions to F: and G: letters (right click on a partition and choose "Assign Drive letter") then Apply an operations

Hope this helps someone

25. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Geez...not another imaging program that won't work with Dells. Acronis won't work with Dells. I was thinking of trying Paragon but guess I should forget that.

What is the matter with these software imaging companies? Most folks have Dells or HP and the software needs to work with those brands of PCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.