paragon gpt loader - unallocated capacity not visible

Discussion in 'Paragon Early Adopter Program' started by deejay2, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deejay2

deejay2 Registered Member

hello

i have installed paragon gpt loader in my win xp pro 32bit and used it with seagate internal st33000651as drive sata2 .... according to pdf i should be able to see unalocated volumes in total 2.7TB before converting to gpt...
    unfortunatelly i can see just 746GB in total. there is no problem to convert to gpt but problem is that windows even after installation of this software does not see full capacity of drive.
    i was wondering if you could pass it to someone who understands this issue and will be able to help.
    also if this program will not work how can i unistall this software as uninstallation exe is not located under folders.
    thanks for information and help in this matter

greetings

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you perform restart after GPT Disk Manager installation?

3. deejay2

finally answer....got bless....i am still waiting for suport ticket to be answered 5 days...

anyway thanks...yes restart performed after instalation automaticaly...

i have HDD devided (C-boot windows install on logical part / D-primary)
    second HDD also logical (E-logical)
    third HDD 3TB i am trying to see as 3TB

any other ideas - i dont think this program works somehow?

4. Mech_An

Could you please provide System LOG:
    * Right-click My Computer and select Manage
    * Go to Event Viewer – System
    * Right-click System group and select Export
    * Select TXT format and click Save.
    * Attach it here
    Note: it doesn't contain any personal data, only errors and warning from System and Apps.

And please post screen of Windows Disk Management after driver installation and restart:
    * right-click on 'My computer' and choose 'Manage';
    * select 'Disk Management' in 'Storage';
    * click 'PrintScreen' key
    * paste the image and save it
    * attach it here

5. deejay2

hi
    i am enclosing txt and jpg..

after converting to GPT and apply changes,,,disk becomes unreadable in win xp manager.

i have Paragon-197-PEE_WinInstallSNU_10.0.15.12396_000.msi installed which was first version. i believe there is new version available
    Paragon-197-PEE_WinInstallSNU_10.0.16.12579_001.msi but dont know if uninstalling previous one and installing new one will help.

please state step by step what to do if you can....thanks

so far i can not say this program works at all properly as i dont understand how did you manage to see by win xp pro 32bit unallocated 2000mb+700mb as is stated in pdf file....
    win does not see it at all....

Attached Files:

6. Mech_An

First of all, uninstall the old driver version and restart (it is better to uninstall from control panel of your Windows)

Then check if drive is shown in Windows Disk Management. If it is not shown, right-click the drive button with red item and select initialize.
    The drive should appear in Disk Management.

Then install the new version (download it here http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/gpt-loader/winXP.html ) and restart your PC.
    Check how 3TB drive is shown in Disk Management.

Then run GPT Disk manager and convert it to GPT. Then create new partitions.

7. deejay2

so i have done all to this step:

>Check how 3TB drive is shown in Disk Management.

after installation of new version disk management sees unallocated 746gb
    screen provided (unallocated 746gb-should this drive be converted to dynamic disk in disk management or does not matter?)

so next step was to convert to GPT...should i continue as i believe according to PDF i should see unallocated 2tb+700mb....so converting 746gb to GPT will not change anything....

thanks for info

Attached Files:

8. Mech_An

It appears that driver is not installed correctly.

What mode is selected in BIOS? Please try to switch to IDE compatible mode and check the results.

Note: Do not convert Drive to Dynamic.

Verify the GPT Loader driver is installed:
    * run Regedit.exe (Start – Run - type: ‘regedit’ and press enter)
    * Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters
    * Make sure that a ‘gpt_loader’ entry exists there.

9. deejay2

first -
    ‘gpt_loader’ entry exists and is there

second -
    i have asus m2n-sli deluxe board, jmicron and raid disabled in bios, so i believe all my HDDare connected directly sata no jumpers,but i dont see any option in bios to setup HDD like IDE.
    i can change ide extended drive from auto to none, and also see HDD like auto or large to detect bigger hdd. both ways same results.
    Bios see 3000GB HDD but windows sees just 746gb.
    how to switch to IDE compatible setup in bios? but as i did not find other option and raid is disabled for all 6xsata hdd slots i dont think this is issue....probably program may not install again correctly or does not work at all to detect it.

i will enclose upperfilters.txt so you can check what is wrong..if you need other let me know

Attached Files:

10. Mech_An

It looks like driver is installed.

Did you try to convert hard disk to GPT?
    Run GPT Disk Manager and convert 3TB drive to GPT.
    Then check how it is shown in Windows Disk Management.

11. deejay2

after converting to GPT disk becomes unreadable before restart or after restart...
    screen enclosed

ps-i wonder how i am going to reverse it back to MBR and initialize disk after this procedure in my pc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  12. Mech_An

Could you please try the following:
    * run Regedit.exe (Start – Run - type: ‘regedit’ and press enter)
    * Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters
    * Renove 'snapman' entry (it is Acronis driver which may be conflicting) and save changes.

Reboot and check if 3TB drive is shown correctly.

13. deejay2

file requested removed

after restart same no change drive unreadable in disk manager(bios sees 3000tb drive ok)
    now i dont know how to convert it back to mbr to see at least 746gb..

also i have noticed if i make left click on unreadable drive and go to properties-driver is microsoft to detect it-it should be like this?(screen provided but dont know if it has any effect)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.