Paragon Free Version corrupted my whole HDD

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by ryu209, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryu209

ryu209 Registered Member

Earlier today I wanted to install Windows 7 alongside Vista so I decided to partition my system. I used the free version of the Paragon partition system. However, it seemed to be taking muuuuch longer than it should have - on the scale of 3 hours and increasing every second. Thus, I decided to cancel the partition which caused my whole hard disk to become corrupted. Now whenever I boot up, I'm taken to the Windows Error Recovery however and I can't do ANYTHING. I can't move the arrow keys to attempt to use an old restore point, and I'm just helpless to see the time limit tick down as it attempts to boot Windows which just causes a loop of restarting the computer and going to the same screen.

I can't enter BIOS and I can't enter Safe mode through conventional means. I downloaded a recovery file and I burnt it to a dvd.
    ~Url link removed~ I'm not even sure if it will work, but since I can't enter BIOS I can't set my CD/DVD drive as first upon boot up.

It just seems like I have no options here. Also, I do not have the installation disk anymore.

I'm starting think that it has somehow affected me keyboard. Perhaps I can enter into BIOS, it's just that the corruption of my HDD caused my keyboard to stop functioning correctly? It is not a USB keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Do you have another keyboard to try? If you can't fix that issue then there might be a problem on the motherboard (nothing to do with partitioning of the hard drive though)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  3. ryu209

ryu209 Registered Member

It turned out that my problem was the keyboard. I have fixed that and now I can enter BIOS and Safe Mode. I tried using both a Windows 7 installation disk and a Vista recovery disk to patch errors. I can get past the Windows Error Recovery screen but now upon boot up, I'm stuck at a black screen and I can only move my cursor. I don't even get into the login screen.

What's wrong?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what erros were fixed? did you run chkdsk in case there are errors on the drive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.