Paragon Festplatten 32/64 bit BMB

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

New versions of BMB build 16299 for HDM with this Festplatten name with a seperate 32/64 bit version released on 2/5/13. I have no idea what the new name meanso_O

EDIT:
    Wrong! This is a Recovery Media Builder to make a bootable USB Flash or Thumb drive "only", no option for an ISO like BMB. Darn, uninstalled my BMB too! :oops:

From the help file:

Introduction
    Paragon WinPE Recovery Media Builder™ is a wizard that helps you prepare a WinPE-based bootable environment on a USB thumb drive. Containing a set of utilities corresponded to the purchased product, it will allow startup of your computer for maintenance or recovery purposes when OS is corrupted or cannot be used.

Unlike Boot Media Builder, WinPE Recovery Media Builder doesn’t require to have Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) or Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) installed in the system. However, it can only be used under Windows 7 or higher, and its functionality is rather limited.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. comtrjl

comtrjl Registered Member

A 'Festplatte' is a hard disk.

bob

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I built a USB boot medium using this new program. I suppose it uses the WinRE to build the WinPE, as other programas do. In my case, Windows 7 x64, it created a WinPE 3.1 with Hard Disk Manager (which must be installed).

I don´t see why "its functionality is rather limited". It seems to have all the functions of HDM, same as a boot medium built using WAIK.

Two "cons" are that it´s not integrated in the main program (HDM) and it doesn´t produce an ISO file.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Are you able to access a USB 3.0 drive, since there is no options or a way to inject drivers?

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The boot medium doesn´t have USB 3.0 drivers (as expected when it´s built from Windows 7).

But in the main interface, there is the normal function to add drivers: Tools > Add Drivers. Also, I suppose it is possible to modify the boot.wim in the USB to add drivers, which is what I usually do. I haven´t actually added USB 3.0 drivers in this case.

Edit: I added the 64-bit USB 3.0 drivers, no problem.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  6. newbino

newbino Registered Member

Could someone provide the actual link? I browsed the Paragon website, but found no "Recovery Media Builder".
    thanks"

7. wptski

wptski Registered Member

You'd need a purchased copy of HDM and go to your account downloads. This may be available with other purchased products also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.