Paragon error Ox12016

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by teaman, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaman

teaman Registered Member

I tried to backup my C drive onto a file on my external USB drive. I got an error "operation failed VSS:cant read volume data error source hard disk manager error code Ox12016". There was an arc folder created on the external drive with 4 image files and a PBF file. I have no idea how to access these files or what to do with them. I do not want to restore my PC with these files. I am not sure what to do now. I do not trust these files to be proper backup files.
    Any ideas?

I have a desktop PC, HP Pavilion. I am using the free version of Paragon backup and recovery. My PC does not have a problem. I am looking for a backup program I can use to save my OS and my data.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Try running checkdisk on the partition you are trying to make an image of.

Rt click the drive>properties>tools>check now, make sure Automatically fix filesystem errors is ticked.

If it is the boot or system partition , checkdisk will be scheduled to run at next restart.

Hope it helps.

3. teaman

teaman Registered Member

Did that, and still have the same problem. Any other ideas?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Don't use VSS.

Use Paragon Hot backup instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.