Paragon drive free question.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by The Red Moon, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Is anybody having problems with paragon recognising the External hard drive.
    I was using macrium reflect but it doesnt see my external drive.does this have a problem as well in the linux environment.
    I dont want to use it and then find i cant restore an image.
    Thanks.:D

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Could you please clarify what issues you are having with the software.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hello Matt.
    Im currently using macrium reflect to create images and when i entered the macrium restore environment it would not see my external hard drive where the images are kept.
    I was wondering if paragon behaves in the same way.?
    Thanks.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It really depends on what support the Linux boot media has.

You can only tell by booting it up to see.

There must be a free Paragon version that comes with a Linux boot disc - I expect Backup and Recovery 2012 Free does.

Otherwise, you may better with a winpe boot disc.

I make my own which are quite complex.

However, if you just want a basic winpe disc with Paragon on it - that is very simple.

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

My live cd from Macrium free couldn't see an external disk. That's why I stopped using it. Paragon's free live cd sees external disks on my comps.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

They use different kernels.

FYI if you are inflicted with a windows 8 machine at some stage, you will likely have to disable secure boot if you want to boot anything except windows 8.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

As you cans see from some of the replies it depends on the machine and the Linux version.

This is exactly the reason that until you've done a test restore or created and verified the image (almost as good as a test restore) with the restore environment, you cannot have confidence it will work when you need it.

Don't think Macrium is problem software, I've seen lots of various forum posts over the years where people have gone to Macrium from other imaging products because Macrium worked on their PC where the other product didn't.

8. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Yes I agree there. I just tride the pecreator here and it's okay. definitely better than the linux boot cd.

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

okay?

Glad I put the effort in, then.

LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.