Paragon drive backup server 10 backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by salwoc, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salwoc

salwoc Registered Member

I am using Paragon drive backup server 10 to backup my server running RAID 5. Backup was successful but upon restoring to another PC, the system crashed with blue screen of death during boot. Is it possible to restore to a PC not running RAID 5 or does it has to be on a server running RAID 5?

How to backup online with Oracle running? I can only copy files during restore and this will change the modified date of every single file to the current date which will affect the database.

Any input is very much appreciated.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If you are restoring from a RAID 5 to SATA/IDE, you need to run the P2P adjust, third option without installing any new drivers. This should reset the hardware profile the next time Windows boot up. If you are going from SATA/IDE, then during the P2P adjust, you need to install the controller drivers.

3. salwoc

salwoc Registered Member

Thanks for the tips. One thing though is that I don't see any option for p2p adjust if booting from the boot disk created by Paragon Drive Backup. Does that mean I must have another copy of the program installed in the PC where I want to perform the restoration? Please help to clear the fog. Thanks

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Did you try running the P2P Wizard form the WinPE boot disc.

It is a separate download - if you have the registered version, you will find it in under the My Account - Downloads section:

http://www.paragon-software.com/login

If you have trial version - you might check and see if you can connect the pc's so you can see the non booting drive - you can run the P2P Wizard from within DB10 Server windows gui: ( you can on mine - maybe it's not in the trial - have a look under Wizards in the main window)

par-p2p-adj-wizard2009-12-22_005202.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.