Paragon Drive Backup for Mac?

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by Peter Holbrook, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Holbrook

Peter Holbrook Registered Member

I've been test-driving Paragon Drive Backup 9 for Windows and it seems to me it is now one of the few applications (if not the ONLY application) capable of reliably backing up a Boot Camp partition or disk. Since I haven't really experimented in depth, my request may not be well founded, but here it is. It comes in two parts.
    1. Can we realistically expect that Paragon will create a Mac OS X version of Paragon Drive Backup? The idea is not so much that is should be able to back up HFS(+) disks, but NTFS ones, that is, backing up Windows from the Mac side. Naturally, it would be great if the file(s) where the backup is stored were 100% compatible with the one(s) generated by the Windows counterpart.
    2. Can we realistically expect that the backup file(s) itself/themselves will be Finder/Explorer-friendly? The idea is that the user can easily pick one or a few files and/or folders from a larger backup so that they can be restored without replacing the entire contents of the Windows disk/partition. If such compatibility with the OS X Finder or the Windows Explorer can't be achieved for now, does Paragon Drive Backup have any tools that will allow a user to do that?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Peter,

For backing up Windows, we recommend using our more established line of products and have it installed on the Windows side. This also allow you to backup your Mac partition using raw-processing. The File-transfer Wizard found under Tools, will let you browse into existing archives and extract files/folders without restoring the entire archive. For a true native backup solution for Mac, Paragon Snapshot for Mac OS is in the works:

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/snapshot-mac/

It too will allow you to backup both the Mac and Windows side from one location.

3. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Hi,

Volume Snapshot seems rather unique in the Macverse, but I'd like to test it before purchase. Is there a demo version somewhere ? Also, System recovery requires a Mac OS bootable DVD. Is the software able to burn one ?

Thanks.

PS : does it handle differential backups ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.