Paragon Drive Backup 9 Pro Hard Drive I/O Error

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by TheKid7, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Someone I know made an error working with the C: Partition (Windows XP Home) making Windows XP not boot. He fixed the problem (such that Windows XP Home will now startup and run) but now Paragon Drive Backup Pro gives a hard drive I/O error when he tries to make an Image Backup. Without formatting and reinstalling Windows XP Home, are there any tips that you can give on how to go about fixing this problem?

Some Details:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256917

Thanks in Advance.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello,

After running the chkdsk /r, check if there are any media card reader connected. Usually that error occurs when there's an empty card reader. If it's internal and built into your machine, simply disable the device in device management. Also want to add that you do not want to disconnect any drives, external HD, flash drives, or memory cards during the backup.

3. TheKid7

After running chkdsk /r, he tried making an Image of the System Partition with Paragon and the Imaging failed:

Paragon failed to make image . . . noting "Internal error during HotBackup".

What does this mean?

Thank you.

4. TheKid7

He downloaded, installed and ran "Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free" and he reported the following:

"I downloaded it, installed it, ran it, but . . . it didn't work. I got a VSS error, and it aborted about 46% through."

What could be the cause of this error and what should he do to correct the problem?

Thanks in Advance.

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You might check in services and make sure Volume Shadow Copy service is running.

Right click 'My Computer'.

Select 'Manage'.

Select the 'Services' tree.

Right click 'Volume Shadow Copy'

Select Properties

Change the startup type to 'Automatic'

Then restart.

If you use the Paragon Hot backup instead of VSS - try backing up one partition at a time.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.