Paragon Drive Backup 10 Pro and USB - External Drobo Drive ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JosephB, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Anyone here use "Paragon Drive Backup 10 Professional" with an "External USB Connected - Drobo Drive" ??

If Yes, then my Questions are:

1. If so, when you run the Paragon - Linux/Dos Recovery CD, does the Paragon drive map gui (on the main GUI screen, of the Pargaon Linux/Dos CD Recovery Pgm), show the Drobo Drive as "UnFormatted", instead of indicating it is NTFS ?

2. However, if I click the Restore option so that I can get a list of Paragon Backup Image - Archives, I can find the "Drobo S" Drive listed under the Linux categories of "/Mounted Resources" and "/Local Resources" and I can browse to the folders on my Drobo S drive and the Paragon Image - "Archives" stored under them.

3. ...... So, if I need to go ahead in the future with a restore from a Paragon - Backup Image Archive, stored on the Drobo S, is it going to work or will I have a problem restoring, due to the fact that the Linux Recovery CD Pgm, sees the Drobo has "UnFormatted", instaed of listing it as File Type NTFS o_O

2. JosephB

FYI,
    I found out that under the WinPE Recovery CD, everything appears properly for the Drobo Drive. So, my issue has been solved.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

4. JosephB

SIW2,

... Which external hard drive brand do you use ? Has it been reliable ?

... I have the New "Drobo S" with eSata support and Dual Drive Redunancy (for protection against up to 2 concurent drive failures).
    .... So far so good. I like it. But I have only been using it for a week, at this point.

One of the features that leaned me towards purchasing it ....

http://raoulpop.com/2009/11/23/new-hardware-drobo-s/

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.