Paragon Drive B/U 9.0 - Linux CD

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheKid7, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I just installed the 30 day trial of Paragon Drive Backup Personal 9.0 on the oldest of my three Windows XP PC's. I made the Linux Boot CD. I tried it on that machine and the standard boot mode worked fine and the onboard 3Com NIC card was identified and setup correctly. I was able to access my home network RAID1 server.

I decided to try this boot CD on my other two PC's with the following results:

Newest PC: Standard mode could not find my two hard drives and could not find my onboard NIC card. Paragon Boot CD Safe Mode found the hard drives but Safe Mode does not seem to support networking.

2nd Oldest PC: Standard mode identified all of my hard drives. I could not get the onboard NIC configured.

I assume that the above types of problems is why people suggest either going with the Pro version of Paragon for the WinPE boot CD or making a BartPE boot CD. What are your feelings/experiences on the Linux boot CD versus the WinPE or BartPE boot CD?

If you do go for the WinPE or BartCD how close to 100% hardware compatibility do you get? If you have hardware not recognized by the WinPE or BartPE CD, how do you go about fixing the hardware compatibility problem?

Thank you.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    If you use Paragon WinPE cd once it boots up if it doesn't see some hardware,you can load a driver from a USB device,floppy drive or another CD if you have another drive. You would download the latest drivers for those devices, extract the contents to a folder. Then finally store the extracted driver folders on to some other form of media ready to load the driver in to winpe CD.

IF you was using a bartpe cd you would add the extracted drivers to network or storage driver folders before creating the bartpe cd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.