Paragon BR 10 vs Win7 UAC

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by lasko123, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasko123

lasko123 Registered Member

Hi

I downloaded Backup & Recovery 10 to try it out and see if it meets my backup needs. I am running Windows 7 64bit Professional on a new laptop I just bought, and when I doubleclick the desktop shortcut for B&R, I get a dialog associated with "User Account Control" and asking for permissions to proceed.

I did try and run B&R in Windows XP compatibility mode, and as Admin but nothing prevents the User Account Control from popping up. (The User Account Control is set at the default level as per Windows 7).

What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the manual and it states that B&R supports Windows 7, so I am at a loss as to how I can get the permissions set to have B&R execute without triggering the User Account Control.

Would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks
    Larry

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Most programs will trigger the UAC when you run them and especially during the installation. You can either disable the UAC altogether or use one of the methods to circumvent the prompt each time. It's not a question if BR10 is compatible with Windows 7.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=730

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.