paragon backup & recovery 10 incremental error

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Bruno Luan, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruno Luan

Bruno Luan Registered Member

HI

I'm having trouble referring to creating a backup routine in Paragon backup & recovery 10 professional.
    the routine works as follows, is made a full backup on the first day of the month and other incremental on other days of the month.
    but the routine had a few errors, as did the full and correctly made some incremental, but after a few days the paragon gave an error message saying that the base file is not found, but the base file is in the right place.

What can is happening?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Bruno Luan,

Could you specify what is backup destination?
    If it is internal HDD, there is and MS reported issue when HDDs change their numbers which lead to failed backup.
    e.g. your system drive was Disk 0 and then appeared as Disk 1.

3. Bruno Luan

Backup works as follows, the routines are done in a normal season and the backup files are on a server, these files are found through a mapping that is done at the station to see the location where the files are on server backups.

The strange thing is that he worked for a week, during which time he gave this error because he could find the base file.

4. Mech_An

Please make sure that network share is permanently mapped in B&R 10 and in Windows.

Additionally change network sharing settings:
    * Go to Start - Control Panel - Network & Sharing Center
    * Click 'Change Advanced sharing settings' on the left
    * Enable all functions in all sections
    * Save changes

Then check if backup task works correctly

5. Bruno Luan

Hi

Paragon 10 backup and recovery is not performing backups with scheduled backups are occurring only when they are made by the "RUN NOW", but the scheduled task as it appears Succeed.
    Does anyone know what might be happening?
    Thanks

6. Mech_An

Bruno Luan,

What error appears when scheduled task fails to start?
    What kind of backup is scheduled?
    What is backup destination?

7. Bruno Luan

The backup is being directed to the server as soon as I mentioned in the above posts, and the type of backup being a backup scheduler is full, and not see any errors on the screen of scheduled tasks appears as suceedd but when I go check the file backup was never even created.

Thanks

8. Mech_An

Please try to remember if option 'Generate unique names' was un-checked when Incremental backup task scheduled. Then it will overwirte file backup each time.

9. Bruno Luan

The strange thing is that the backup file not being created

10. Bruno Luan

Hi

There is some timeout setting that may be affecting the creation of backup files?

because if it is executed with the RUN NOW it creates the file normally, but when I do I schedule to take place one hour for example, the file is not created and the list of Scheduled Tasks Succeed appears as if I have not created the file, remember that this is a full backup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.