Paragon Backup Product Comparison

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by reedm, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

I am a bit confused by the various Paragon backup products. I currently am trialing Drive BU Pro 9.0. I am also evaluating Backup and Recovery 10 Free Edition. I now see System Backup 2010. I also assume that there will soon be a Drive BU Personal and Pro 10.0. I would appreciate it if someone could provide me with or point me to on the Paragon site, a detailed feature comparison between these various similar appearing backup and recovery systems.

Reed

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

As of now, from what I've seen. There will not be Drive Backup 10 Personal or Professional but instead Backup & Recovery 10 Free and Backup & Recovery 10 Suite.

To clarify, here are the products listed in the order of simplicity and features (top being the most simple and fewest advanced features):

System Backup 2010
    Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition == Drive Backup 10 Personal
    Backup & Recovery 10 Suite == Drive Backup 10 Professional
    Drive Backup 10 Workstation
    Drive Backup 10 Server

All of this is subject to change, whether it will continue to be for free, or stay the way it is.

3. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I am a bit confused by all the backup choices as well. Thanks for the clarification. However, I don't see the new "Backup & Recovery" line of softwares on your site. Is it because they haven't been released yet?

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Only the free version had been released up to now.

EDIT: It seems Server and WorkStation Editions have just this minute been released. :D

http://www.drive-backup.com/

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  5. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

I am confused as well. What is the difference between the Backup and Recovery line as opposed the the Drive Backup line? The way I understand it, the difference is semantics when it comes to the 2010 version.

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

There are no real differences when it comes to features. BR 10 will be replacing Drive Backup for the personal and professional versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.