Paragon Backup and recovery 15 username and password

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Ron Mason, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Ron Mason

Ron Mason Registered Member

I have been trying to get this set up to try and see if it will do what I want to do, but to be honest, this is one of the most non intuitive pieces of software I think I have worked with.
    Currently I think I have figured it out with the exception of the username and password.
    In order to keep my files safe, I have a 2nd user account on my computer that is backupadmin. This account is the only account that has access rights to my NAS hard drive. When the backup runs, it should use this account and then backup to the secure directory on the Nas. During the setup, it ask for the name and password, which I give, and it allows me access to point to the directory. Later in the setup I found a place to enter the name and password for the program to run under, which should give it permanent access, however, when this box is checked I get the error that the the wizard has failed error code 0x200000c. If I use the current log in, the wizard completes normally.
    I then tried to call up the properties of the scheduled backup, there I found a spot to enter user credentials, I enter the proper credentials, and it always comes backup "user name or password is invalid".
    Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Hi! I think of two possible ways:
    1. During installation, the program asks you which user is allowed to to use it. Maybe you've chosen Admin only option, which is your first account.
    2. Try to install the program to backup Admin account and configure it there.
    If issue remains, let me know.

3. Ron Mason

Ron Mason Registered Member

Ok, so I logged into my backup account on the computer, it then allowed me to set up the backup, and under user name and password the accepted the backup account credentials. Logged back out, then logged in as myself. Ran the backup, which worked great.
    I then made a couple of changes, and had the backup run again to see if the incremental works, everytime I run it I now get a "can't open/create file" error.
    If I go and set up the backup again, it will run again, but it will never run twice, it always errors out. Even if I access the drive with the name and password in explorer to make sure access is allowed.
    Any ideas?

4. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Hm, can you describe step by step how you setup your backup ? Which wizard do you use to create a scheduled task to create parent archive and increments?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.