Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Basics

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Magic Sam, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic Sam

Magic Sam Registered Member

I have installed this software and - by trial and error - have imaged my hard disc onto a partitioned external drive. I consulted the "Help" file for guidance but concluded that it was written solely for people who do not need Help files (I am not an advanced user but not a beginner either).
    - There does not seem to be a simple basic "tutorial" for newbies that want to understand how to use the system and procedures to best effect.
    - I finally hit on differential backup by accident after trying to find it in the Help file in vain. I think I have used it but the process seemed to be little different from a full backup, equally time-consuming. The symbol opposite the result was different however (big deal)
    - Archive Integrity is confirmed OK but during the backups there was a pop-up screen stating that file integrity was impaired (I forget the exact wording). No indication of what to do next.
    - A proper help file would have guidance on what to do in a worst case scenario when one's hard disc has suffered melt-down and the only recourse is to use what has been backed up.
    I suspect that none of these points is rocket science to the advanced user but a complete package would give the new user more confidence than in my case. May be I'm just thick. Granted that this software is a free download but I don't feel that it is a particularly good incentive to upgrade to the paid-for product. May be Paragon could oblige with something more user-friendly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.