Paragon Backup 10 Server

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by fthomas137, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fthomas137

fthomas137 Registered Member

Good day all,

I'm working with the Paragon Drive Backup 10 Server edition on a Dell server running a Perc S100/S300 raid card.

When I create a recovery disk and then boot into it, it tells me the drives that are part of the raid 1 config on the Perc card are in read and show as 'invalid'. Also it's showing the two raw drives, instead of a single one.

How can I get proper drivers onto the backup cd so I can perform a proper cold metal restore?

Thanks very much!

Frank

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

There should be a load driver function on the paragon winpe boot media - that allows browsing to the driver .inf file and loading it into running pe.

Otherwise , you should be able to add drivers permanently to the winpe image with dism.

3. fthomas137

Are there any instructions on how to do this?

thanks,

Frank

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Which do you mean , Frank?

1. Your paragon winpe product may contain a function called load drivers - on the express launch menu. probabaly.

Select it, browse to the driver inf and the driver should be installed to your currently running instance of winpe.

2. To add a driver permanently , [ you need to be running windows 7 because dism is required to inject drivers into a winpe3 image ]

Copy & paste the contents of the paragon winpe cd to the HD ( or if you have the iso on your drive - you can just extract that to a folder. )

Mount the boot.wim with dism.

Add the driver(s) to the mounted image with dism.

Unmount (with commit ) the image to save the changes.

Then make a bootable iso out of the folder .

5. fthomas137

To be honest, I have no idea at all how to proceed. Is there a tab in the software to create this disk? You had mentioned the paragon winpe product. Where do I find that?

Frank

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Winpe .iso is a separate download from your account - available with all paid products ( except pm personal, I believe )

If you are using Server - that is definitely a paid product - you will find the download in your account

Login to MyAccount - Paragon Software Group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.