Paragon B&R 10.2 Free is SLOW

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Lord Bear, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Registered Member

Windows XP Pro SP3, 2GB RAM, 250GB SATA HD, 1TB eSATA ext HD.

I run a tight ship - my system is lean and light - I unload bloatware and have killed a lot of background apps. My only security package is Microsoft Security Essentials (so I don't have a lot of overheard on I/O).

I have tried several times to do a complete system/drive backup with horrible results. It runs for more than a DAY to try to backup ~140GB from the Internal drive to the external. I've gotten frustrated and canceled every job so far.

I should note, I find the progress dialog to be almost useless. The "overall progress" indicator is, at least in my case, a joke. But, I'm willing to give it a pass for now as its being broken is probably a side-effect of my overarching problem.

I've explored all the preferences and have tried to optimize - no gains.
    I've tested and CHKDSK'ed the drives- they are happy.
    I've done other large-scale copies (I use Robocopy scripts to do mirroring of my video and such, separate from my attempts at system backup for recovery) and I get expected throughput between drives.

Where shall I look for problems on my end?

Thanks in advance for any help
    Bear

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Haven't come across that issue before.

You might try the newer version - Paragon Backup and restore 11

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

try using other backup software for testing if its tour system fault or paragon.
    anyway as far as i remember paragon was a VERY SLOW in backup my system also :)

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.