Paragon B&R 10.2 Free is SLOW

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Lord Bear, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Registered Member

Windows XP Pro SP3, 2GB RAM, 250GB SATA HD, 1TB eSATA ext HD.

I run a tight ship - my system is lean and light - I unload bloatware and have killed a lot of background apps. My only security package is Microsoft Security Essentials (so I don't have a lot of overheard on I/O).

I have tried several times to do a complete system/drive backup with horrible results. It runs for more than a DAY to try to backup ~140GB from the Internal drive to the external. I've gotten frustrated and canceled every job so far.

I should note, I find the progress dialog to be almost useless. The "overall progress" indicator is, at least in my case, a joke. But, I'm willing to give it a pass for now as its being broken is probably a side-effect of my overarching problem.

I've explored all the preferences and have tried to optimize - no gains.
    I've tested and CHKDSK'ed the drives- they are happy.
    I've done other large-scale copies (I use Robocopy scripts to do mirroring of my video and such, separate from my attempts at system backup for recovery) and I get expected throughput between drives.

Where shall I look for problems on my end?

Thanks in advance for any help
    Bear

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Haven't come across that issue before.

You might try the newer version - Paragon Backup and restore 11

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

try using other backup software for testing if its tour system fault or paragon.
    anyway as far as i remember paragon was a VERY SLOW in backup my system also :)

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.