Paragon 2011 Suite and Win 2000

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by RussellBelding, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RussellBelding

RussellBelding Registered Member

I am using
    Paragon Hard Disk Manager™, version 10.0.17.13624 (02.07.11 ) Suite. (PHDM)

I am using PHDM to install the backup of a Win 2000 uniprocessor onto a PC with an intel dual-core. So I have WinPE on a USB disk. The WIn 2000 copied disk was processed by Pargon WinPE to copy drivers from the Win XP disk.

The new PC is using Win XP SP3 and has this SATA disk and the copied SATA disk from Win 2000. I boot up using the WinPE USB disk and ask it to boot from the Win 2000, pressing F8 to use safe mode in Win 2000, to avoid some decive on the new PC which caused a blue-screen. That problem is avoided using F8.

Now, when trying to boot from the win2000 copy I get a blue-screen saying
    "Stop: c0000249. ... ntdll.dll has been modified for a uniprocessor system, but you are running it on a multiprocessor machine. Please reinstall the image..."

So I am here asking for advice.

Can this problem be solved?

I see from web sites such a s http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237556
    that I may need to change several drives on the WIn 2000 copy before it will boot on the new PC.

Any advice for me?
    Thanks,
    Russell

2. RussellBelding

RussellBelding Registered Member

Paragon advertises that it supports hosting Win 2000 to a different PC. But it does not, by my problem described above, achieve this when the first PC is a single core and the target PC is a dual core.

Can anyone in this forum affer any advice?
    Thanks,
    Russell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.