paragon 2009 defrag for free

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Thanks, the first link gave me an error

3. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I keep getting a "server error 404" message on the Paragon site. The site is accessible but not the free offer. Maybe its overloaded

The other link doesnt do anything at this time. Maybe its overloaded too

4. DCM

DCM Registered Member

5. GES/POR

6. Adric

Adric Registered Member

The download URL from the OP gives:
    The requested URL was not found on this server.

The other urls posted end up on the paragon registration page to request the
    product key, but I have not found a download link for the subject SE edition.

Also the reviews at http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?threadID=141152&start=0&tstart=0
    don't sound too encouraging.

I will probably stay away from it since HDM 8.5 SE can also defrag.

Al

7. GES/POR

8. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Trial doesn't install under Vista x64. Idiots. It's 2009 FFS! x64 is here to stay and these (and other) morons can't even release software that installs with a 64-bit OS.

9. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Site says pretty plainly that it's intended for 32-bit Windows.

10. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  11. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

The links don't work because he copied them as text and not URLs.

12. cet

cet Registered Member

13. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I tried it on my new HP pavilion laptop however it seemed to freeze halfway through. I don't know if it was just going super slow or if it had frozen up but the progress bar didn't move for ages. I ended up aborting the defrag which corrupted some of my system data so i ended up having to restore a system image to get thing working properly again.

14. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

15. RAD

RAD Registered Member

I got confused by this also. I downloaded a key, but then couldn't make it wotrk on the downloaded Trial version.
    Apparently the SPECIAL EDITION that the downloaded Key is valid in is being distributed on a CD with some magazine. IT DOESN'T WORK on the versions downloaded from Paragon drectly.

Pluis, I have heard lots of horror stories. Even though I am usually a big fan of Paragon, something is weird on this one.

16. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Sounded interesting so I went ahead and registered. I got a key via email but said email contained absolutely no clue about a download link and none of the links posted (both here and elsewhere) seemed to work. By the time I found a link that worked, I completely lost interest in even bothering to test the s/w and that link was to a file that someone had uploaded to Megaupload, anyway.

17. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Here is an interesting development: apparently Paragon could tell that I tried to register the trial edition with a code downloaded for the "special edition".
    So they sent me a nice apology email and offered to give me the full regular Total Defrag 2009 for free !

It might be worth it to go try to register at their website and make sure to leave a contact email !

18. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

PARAGON gives away nothing unless either it has some hidden occasional issues in it, limited, or they may be gearing up for Windows 7 specifically on their schedule in R & D.

My paid versions always worked fine 99.5 % of the time with only some slight glitches but not enough to turn me away from them, even though PARAGON DRIVE BACK-UP PRO rests in mothballs now that DriveSnapshot is not let me down one single time.

EASTER

19. GES/POR

I got an email as well

20. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Farmerlee,

It should defrag ALWAYS in SAFE MODE.

This is valid for all defragmenters.

*puppy*

21. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Can you tell me exactly what build version you have and the name of the downloaded file?

Did you install the trial and then try to register the install with the key or did you logon to your Paragon account and try to register there?

I logged into my account and registered with the free key, but it said that the key was already registered. I looked at my registered products and found a Total Defrag SE entry which was apparently put there when I originally requested the key. One thing I see now which I did not get with all previous SE registrations is a download link for the Total Defrag SE entry under the Update column. I'm just wondering if this is the real full version.

Also, the download link will only work for a single download. If you try again you get 403 Forbidden (your Download limit is invalid). The file downloads as Paragon-115-PEE_WinInstall_8.0.0.7305_001.exe

Al

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.