Paragon 10 Server Edition and Windows 7 Imaging

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by duckmandm, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckmandm

duckmandm Registered Member

I have been using Paragon's Partition Manager 9 for quite some time now, and have successfully used it on just about every OS out there. However, trying to image Windows 7 machines (Lenovo T400's) has given me all sorts of problems. I typically do an image of each new model we purchase for the company so i can always restore the laptops back to factory defaults without the pain of building and using restore disks.

I just got my copy of PM 10, which I was under the impression supported Windows 7. I imaged a new laptop as I always have, and then tested restoring that image to another. Windows errors at boot with a 0xc000000e error. I have done everything suggested online, repairing, etc... to no avail. To me, full Windows 7 support means I shouldn't then have to boot to a windows disk and do repairs. Is this normal, or can someone give me the correct sequence to image a windows 7 installation.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello duckmandm,

Did you restore the image to another computer? That error code tells me that something happened to the winload. I assume when you try to repair this with the Windows 7 DVD, it works? I'm curious to see what happens if you restore to the same machine. It's not surprising that if you restore Windows to different hardware, it's going to encounter problems the first startup. You might be interested in looking into a Windows sysprep if the cause of this is related to dissimilar hardware. But if you're encountering this problem from restoring to the same machine, then it's a different story.

3. duckmandm

duckmandm Registered Member

The restores are all to like hardware. I recently ordered 10 Lenovo t400's, so i have been testing backing up from one, and restoring to another. While they are different machines, the hardware is 100% identical. And also, no, the repair has not been working. It may be because it is Windows 7 OEM that comes on the laptops and I only have a Win7 Ultimate MSDN disk to do the repair with. However, it would seem to me that there has to be a way to do what i have been used to doing with previous versions of PM, as well as other imaging products, and simple back up a hard drive and restore it, with windows 7 on it, and not have to run repairs or have other disks/software to accomplish the task.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.