Panic!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Holly B, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly B

Holly B Registered Member

Yesterday my PC stopped working. Windows would not boot, not even in Safe Mode. This was when I realised that I really didn't understand how TrueImage works. I booted from my Windows Recovery CD and got Windows working again.
    I have an Acronis TrueImage Bootable Rescue Media CD, which I made at the beginning. Is it now too late to use this and if not do I just put it in and boot from CD Rom? How will that be different from the Windows Recovery CD.
    I have an Image .tib file stored on an external drive. This is an image of my hard drive, partitioned and with apps loaded. I would like to restore this and then put back the data I need from a separate data only backup. Should I do this after I have used the Rescue CD?
    If you could just point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

First of all I can't tell from your post if you have managed to do a repair on your system from the Windows disk and now do not need anything further done; or, whether this repair differs too much from what you had previously and so you need to restore your backup.

Assuming the latter, you need to start by changing you BIOS so that you computer will boot from your CD Rom. When you start your computer the BIOS program should display which key to press to enter the BIOS configuration program.

When you have done this boot from your Acronis recovery CD. Once it has loaded you will have a version of ATI running. Next you need to validate the backup - this checks that the ATI program can actually access the external drive and that the file itself is not corrupt.

If all that goes OK, use the Restore function from ATI and select the tib file to restore it.

You may then wish to review your BIOS settings to ensure that the harddisk is selected for booting.

F.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Holly B,

Check my guides link in my signature. These will supplement the good info already provided by foghorne

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Holly B,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that foghorne and GroverH are correct. Please also notice that you can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.