Pandora.com

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by firefox2008, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefox2008

firefox2008 Registered Member

I don't allow my Firefox to accept cookies from this site and yet it remembers the radio station I created after I close and reopen my browser.
    What is this site putting on my computer besides a cookie? When I run CCleaner it clears it though. I just don't like the idea of something that is unknown on my computer that doesn't erase when I close FF. I have my browser set to erase cookies, history, everything once the browser closes. I thought about the IP address too but if I use my ISP address or my proxy address it makes no difference.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Perhaps it creates a temp file which is why using ccleaner gets rid of it.

3. firefox2008

firefox2008 Registered Member

Probably, but I just want to know what and where. My cache on my browser is set to 0MB.

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it does use flash cookies, maybe they're called objects though, i can't remember o_O there's an online site that lets you manage everything, so you can delete the stuff you don't want. it was mentioned in the last security now. they said search for something like 'flash settings manager' to find it.

maybe it's here o_O i don't know because it's the only site i've been to where flash doesn't work, it says i need to download flash. idiots lol
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Adobe\Macromedia creates a folder for each site visited that displays the flash player. In each sites folder there is a .sol file where player info for that site is stored.

The URL folders and associated .sol files are stored in....

D:\Documents and Settings\~signed on user~\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

D:\Documents and Settings\~signed on user~\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys
    Under the Application tab of CCleaner is a Multimedia\Micromedia box and if selected it removes any\all .sol files for all URL's as it relates to flash player.

As Brian alluded to....adjust your settings via the Flash Player Settings Manager but be cautious and perhaps add a favorite link to your browser in case you need to re-adjust in the future.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.