Panda Titanium Engine

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Does anybody know what engine runs Panda Titanium AV and also how would you rate Panda Titanium, i.e is it a good security suite/AV?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Titanium uses the same engine as Panda platinum. I use Titanium every so often and I feel protected when useing it. Titanium detects and cleans exactly the same as Platinum. The only real difference is there are less settings with titanium. I hope this answered you question.

bigc

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I believe even the new Panda AV 2007 uses the same engine. They have tweaked it to make it a bit less resource hungry. I am trialing it now and it really isn't all that heavy and seems very secure. It even goes after spyware though most of what it seems to find is tracking cookies so far...:eek: :)

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Panda is pretty nice detection-wise. The engine itself is pretty good and though Panda is not exactly top-tier, it is still pretty good overall. They could use some improvement, but as it is, it is very nice.

Panda has very good registry cleaning capabilities. The only real quirk I find with Panda is their lack of free product upgrades during the license period (heck, even Symantec now provides free upgrades for NAV!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.