Panda Platinum question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mongol, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Someone I know from work is looking into Panda platinum antivirus and is trying to figure out if its Ok for a home computer. He likes the virus and firewall combo and has a Dell dimension 4500 computer with 2 gig harddrive and 512 megs of ram. Anyone know if it will work for him??.

2. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Panda should be ok for him.
    I have been having some problems with the firewall though.
    Whenever i reboot my computer all of my application rules disappear and have to be reset.
    There also seems to be a problem of a conflict when using Opera, as soon as i try and start Opera my system comes to a halt for a couple of minutes and in the task manager it shows the AV as using 100%.
    I emailed them about this over 3 weeks ago now and have yet to hear anything.
    I havnt heard of anyone else having this problem though.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Are you sure he has only 2 GB disk? Or did you mean 20GB? Anway it should work perfectly normal since he has 512MB of RAM. CPU is probably around 1,5GHz or more,right? (i don't know anything about these pre-built machines,because i always pick components by my own)

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

RejZoR, Im dropping my zeros. I meant to say hes got a 2 gig CPU. Medal of honor would of wiped him out with 2 gig disk. I had a feeling that Platinum would be fine for his system but their advertising says its targeted for small businesses. I'll let him know Panda will be fine for his system, or maybe he should go with the hip and cool crowd and go with DrWEB, thanks all,,,, :rolleyes:

5. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

i use panda at home and at work and as said before the only porblem I have is the loss of firewall rules, but that doesnt really bother me cos i never use it anyway, i use the free version they dished out a while back, im not sure if they still do that but who cares you know where to look for something they dont want you to have (im refering to filesharing) trust go for panda, i dont even entertain anyone else with my time (except McAfee I have to work with it)

mattyG

6. sard

sard Registered Member

I get that too, but only the first time I open Opera. It doesn't happen with any other application either. Very strange o_O

7. bob_man_uk

mine doesnt, what version of opera is it, i use version 7.23

8. sard

sard Registered Member

The latest 7.54 one.

9. bob_man_uk

im going to download it and try it out, is yours the free one with the adds or is it a registered one

10. bob_man_uk

or could the problem be with the java part of opera, im just stabbing in the dark now, i got hold of a copy of the 3.5mb download (non java) and im still running

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.