Panda Platinum Internet Security, YOUR thoughts!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Relemar, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

What do you think of Panda Platinum Internet Security?

Do you use you it? Is it good? It it your favoruite? Your opinion!

Does it beat KIS? I think it might, but. I dunno really.

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Heres a starting point for you with recent posts by users: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=173705 The new Vista compatible version has the new MegaDetection engine included. I use Panda AV 2007 myself and am quite impressed with its performance. It doesn't match or beat KIS but few if any do. The new detection engine should give it pretty darn good detection rates though...:cool:

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep bad company, i own this suite ;)
    although dont use it, as i have my spider :D

like norton, the 2007 range has made huge improvements, if you like the software, i see no reason not to use it, same goes for the norton 2007 suite.

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

They are really improving. It works fast and even the detection rate is getting better.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

so the missing piece of the puzzle is for macfee to fix there bloated secuiety suite.
    im glad panda is finaly improving after ive heard so much in the past about panda being bloated and a mega resourse hog.
    lodore

6. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

I have found in Jotti's online scan that Panda antivirus is missing a lot virus samples. I think Panda Internet Security 2007 is well designed product, certanly not resource hog. I am just curious why this is happening?

7. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Slight correction is needed. As Technodrome already pointed out, the number of threats that can be detected is almost half as much which is detected by MegaDetection scheme. Either I again missed something or Panda still wants to do a few tests before incorporating it finally.

It is no doubt light but sadly the firewall didn't work on my system. Also the e-mail sending part directly from the program didn't work. The previous version 11.00.02 worked nicely.

8. osip

osip Registered Member

...and the same on my system when testing(as said in other PIS topic)...

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

sure if you want a firewall that pops up all the time or whatever, pandas aint for you.

but it still does its job as a firewall, stealthed ports and keeps the threats away, so to label it as 'does not work' is below the belt. :)

10. Arin

Arin Registered Member

@C.S.J

Let me clarify here. Panda reported the firewall component to be off all the time I checked it. Even the self-diagnosis suggested me to enable the firewall. But sadly it refused to be enabled. I thought it might be some gui problem or a bug, maybe in the background it is working.

So I started a few programs like Gtalk and Yahoo messenger to connect to the Net. I wasn't prompted as Panda doesn't prompt for whitelisted programs. But then I didn't find Gtalk or Yahoo messenger in the list of programs! 1 + 1 does make 2 in decimal arithmetic doesn't it?

11. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

Did you check it by doing something like Shieldsup! at www.grc.com ? That would be to me the definitive answer to whether it is a gui problem or actual issue with the f/w

12. Arin

Arin Registered Member

No need here because I know Panda firewall lists all the programs for which it allows Internet access.

13. osip

osip Registered Member

Sure you´re right,out of old habits my remark was premature...After once again rechecked the fw I admit it works allright,passed wo problems ´shields up´,the leaktest as with many others failed...You have to be aware of the default settings...
    So,my conclusion: PIS 2007 runs very,very smooth on my pc,so d*amn good that I have to reconsider...The choice is: outstanding performance with a good protection (PIS) or the best protection with a slight performance decrease(KIS)....well that´s the question,I tend to beleive I will choose the former...Will give it some days before final descision...

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

there was a thread on here about X antivirus vs Y that answers your question,

most people chose Y, have a look... curiousity :)

15. piratk

piratk Registered Member

I really like its Trueprovent .

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A few off topic posts removed. Let's stay on topic please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.