Panda Online Scan Results

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by AnthonyG, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I done an online scan tonight with panda online scan and got some very curious results i got three exploit/byte varify's. Two trojan horses and one istbar spware (I have read about it sounds particularly nasty)

The thing is, is i scanned with my mcafee enterprise two days ago and it found nothing. I also scanned with ewido and that found nothing. I have located manually that istbar java file and scanned the file individualy with enterprise and that has popped up another exploit/byte varify. So there seems to be a bit of confusion between panda and enterprise as to what it is.

I am now getting both worried and very irritated and annoyed with mcafee enterprise as not only did it apparently let them in but when i scanned on saturday it found nothing.

Is there anything you would suggest to do. As that is a very nasty piece of scumware that exploit/byte varify. I am very pissed off with my enterprise now and my ewido I thought these were the best but they have not shown up trojans in their scans and exploit/byte varify's.

So i am now also worried about my machine so what can i do as these byte varifys bring dialers apparently. I am terrified of dialers after my £385 phone bill back in april so what can i do, are they definitely on my machine now?.

*Edit* My bit defender free scan has confirmed this.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Anthony Goodman\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar
    \javainstaller.jar-3cc46f89-789e4679.zip=>javainstaller/InstallerApplet.class: infected with Java.Trojan.Downloader.OpenStream.T

Why has enterprise and ewido not picked this up

Please can someone help
    Anthony

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

These things will do you no harm on a fully patched system with Sun Java. They were actually designed to exploit the old MS VM for Java. Just clear out your Sun Java cache and they will be gone.

Go to Control Panel/Other Control Panel Options/Java Plug-in; and in the Java box that pops up click the Cache tab and then hit the 'Clear' button. End of problem.

3. Norman.

Norman. Registered Member

Is there anyway you can block this for spyware blaster?

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Not directly. Spyware Blaster will protect against certain known Active X components, irrespective of site, and it will also place certain sites in your IE Restricted zone where they will be unable to use Java; but it will not protect from Java as such.

However, if you turn off Java you will not get these things (or anything else) in your cache in the first place. That is why it is sensible to have your Internet zone slider set to 'max' when surfing through dangerous or uncharted waters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.