Panda new nanoscan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Bo9us, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo9us

Bo9us Registered Member

PandaLabs has developed a new engine that scan the PC in a minute called Nanoscan, tried it to test it, it took 1 to 2 min to install the activex and 55 sec to scan my PC. Congratulations! for me no viruses, spyware, Trojans, or any other ACTIVE threats on my PC( I'm using F-secure client Security 2007 ).

I think the new nano is some how like Prevx ! in their blog the wrote that the Nano based on three main pillars:

1) Collection of data from the Web community.The system centrally collects and stores behavioral patterns of programs, file traces, new malware samples, etc. This data comes from Panda users,....

2) Automatic leverage of data. The system automatically analyzes and classifies the thousands of new samples received every day.....

3) Making the knowledge available.This knowledge is delivered to users as web services or through signature file updates.

The nanoscan doesn't support Firefox now, but it will be available in April!

I hope they put this engine in their new product

the site is http://www.nanoscan.com

2. The One

The One Frequent Poster

It is mot new it was mentionedbefore.
    But it is a nice effective and quick scan

3. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

no vista support :(

4. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

5. Bo9us

Bo9us Registered Member

TotalScan is not new, I know it Beta but it's the ActiveScan 2.

Oh and Sorry The One I didn't know that it was mentioned before. I'll be more careful in the future.

6. The One

The One Frequent Poster

That's ok Bo9us

It's a really good security tool.
    First you are able to scan with the nanscan than you are redirected to activescan 2.

Both are effective and very fast

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I ran the nanoscan just before xmas and chnged to avira antiviri a day or so later.

It flagged up the nanoscan as a suspicios object. It had left a couple of folders in c\windows\system32\Panda software\nanoscan. One of them was 13.1mb!!

8. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It only scans for active threats (memory), that's why it's so fast.
    It probably scans some essential OS files too with heuristics enabled, otherwise the scan time would be a lot less.
    It kinda reminds of those antivirus applications that doesn't require any signature updates to detect threats, but people know they are crap - Antivirus applications needs signatures to detect threats & prevent false/positive detections.

But since it's Panda (my old preferred AV app) I'm gonna wait & see how this turns out.
    They are quite good at developing new tech but this ... Well let's just say I don't expect miracles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.