Panda IS 2010 90 Day Trial

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CyberWorm, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberWorm

CyberWorm Registered Member

123-Reg are giving a 90 day trial of Panda Internet Security 2010 when you buy a domain. I have one and I'm going to give it a go until I have money to renew my Kaspersky.

I hope this won't let me down.

2. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

I tried this not long ago, the one thing I dislike is that when Panda "deletes" a file... it REALLY deletes it with no chance of recovery. And if you're like me and you were running a scan, and 4 FP's were detected and deleted before you even got a chance to review the items, it's a little discouraging :( Panda's support forums were a ghost town when I was last on them. Their cloud product is quite nice though, aside from the few bugs I've had.

I hope this isn't taken as me bashing them, I just thought I would throw that piece of information about the deleting process at 'ya just for goodness sake.

Cheers mate!

3. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

From what I hear the 2011 versions may address the delete issue by allowing the user to choose to be prompted for actions when it detects something. Also, I received an email saying that if you purchase 2010 products now you can upgrade to the 2011 versions when they are released. Before, Panda wouldn't let you upgrade to the next years version for free even if your current license was still valid. Steps in the right direction.

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

It will let you down if you choose to install anything and everything under the sun.

Common sense is one of the leading AV products.

5. CyberWorm

It has already let me down.

I have a lof of website backups on my computer for various sites I run. Panda went scanning through these and detected a trojan in one of the mail/.trash folders then deleted the whole backup. Not good.

Also, its not very "Standard User" friendly, you have to run the applications manually using "Run As Administrator".

I do like the Cloud Protection I think its the way forward for AV software. PrevX and Norton are currently the best when it comes to Cloud Protection, I dislike the way Kaspersky Cloud works. Anyway, I tested Panda with two undetectable trojans from MDL. It managed to delete one within about 2 hours, the other is still sitting on my desktop undetected, so there are still issues with it. Yesterday VirusTotal showed 2/41, today its showing 19/41 but no Panda :( Thats very slow for a Cloud.

6. CyberWorm

Update: Uninstalled 11/07/2010

I don't rate it although its good value at £6.59 a year.

7. Malcontent

Did you submit these samples to Panda at any time?

8. CyberWorm

No, if I have to submit viruses manually it kinda defeated the object of the protection.

9. Malcontent

Did you try this test with any other anti-virus software? If so, what were the results?

10. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Isn't the whole idea with "cloud protection" that you don't have to submit samples? It should be done automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.