Panda Cloud Free 3.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windows_Security, May 8, 2014.

1. Put it on an old XP box (with new disk), runs well.

Can't find the data protection feature in free anymore, am I overlooking it or is it removed from free?

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

It was removed in both. They said they are going to add it back in the future versions.

3. guest

guest Guest

Lol, then why removing it since the first place?

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Can it be readily configured to NOT run realtime? I would consider using it if it can be configured for use as an on-demand/right-click scanner only. Possible?

5. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

why have they also removed the website category filter?

6. Well, as far as my memory serves me well: the GUI had enable/disable options for real time protection, behavior analyses en behavior blocker (or something similar).

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Try Panda Cloud Cleaner instead.

Mine hasn't upgraded yet, and I plan to let it do so itself.

8. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

9. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I have the same issue I had with the beta. No widgets and when I try to add them it says I have already added the maximum. And parts of the settings text is not in English, stuff like upside down question marks, 'y' instead of '&'. Totally unusable.

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Due to a growing number of deal breakers with other free AVs, this may be my new favorite.

And it doesn't seem to have the massive disk i/o of past versions.

11. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Lol, the version numbers of the processes/files are actually 4.x instead of 3.x.

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Doesn't feel any different than 2.x. Plus i hate its slow interface. It's so sluggish, with slow animations and everything just feels horribly slow and heavy. Completelly unnecessary. How hard is it to make a light and snappy interface without some stupid 3D animations?

13. guest

guest Guest

Is that really important? how often a normal person opens the AV interface? once per week? per month?
    For me is the less important feature in an AV.

14. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

Been using it from the day it came out and can't complain. No slowdowns what-so-ever. Thumbs up from here (y)

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ me off even those two times i've had it open...

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  16. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

What drives me batty is that the recycle bin function doesn't work at all for one thing. I have two files in there, one file I excluded because the AV keeps wrongly classifying it as a trojan, and one real piece of malware that the bin refuses to clear. On the note of false positives, I have emailed Panda several times about the file I know isn't malicious. Yet here we are months later and they have not changed the detection.

17. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

I've been using Panda Cloud Antivirus for a while now. I have to say that I don't find the interface slow/sluggish/non-responsive at all. It seems fine to me. The only complaint I have is that it once flagged a Toshiba driver for a laptop (self extracting .exe) as suspicious. It was a 150mb file for the Intel HD Graphics 4000 Display driver. :) I tried to restore it out of the recycle bin and it took a little while, and then when I went to look where it should have restored to, there was nothing there! I looked back in the recycle bin and the file was gone. I think Panda has trouble recovering files from the recycle bin, or maybe its larger files?

18. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I also find opening/navigating the GUI sluggish, but I'm not in there very often, so it's no deal breaker.

19. blasev2nd

blasev2nd Registered Member

last time I felt sluggish UI is on 2.2 but it seems 2.3 solve it for me.
    haven't tried 3.0, but I will soon

20. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Sluggish AV openings is a no-starter for me, drives me nuts.

I click Eset, it opens. I click Zemana, it opens. Malwarebtyes, and some other AV's have an annoying delay. I won't go for that anymore.

21. bidd

bidd Guest

Earlier versions of Malwarebytes were slow to open but V2 opens instantly.

22. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

I myself haven't felt any sluggishness with Panda Cloud's GUI. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

23. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

I take it the GUI still uses transparency and 3D flipping? :(

I wonder if it's possible to turn off the GUI without disabling the userspace engine components. That used to be doable with AVG.

24. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

Panda free GUI always opened sluggish for me. on all 3 computers, since version 1.51. thanks to the stupid implemented ad campaign week ago, i partly switched to Bitdefender free. then i realised the difference. computer is much more responsive (i5, 4GB) than with Panda free. it's another life now...
    thank you Panda for the irritating ad campaign. in the end, it made my life better.

25. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.