Panda Cloud AV free: already the top choise for a free AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AlexC, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I was wondering which free AV may be globally considered the best choise.

Thougth on Avast free (currently the most complete among the tree big "A´s", removing all kind of malware without difference to the paid version, including various specific shields and, in particular, a behavior shield ) and in Panda Cloud Av free (a new serious competitor in the segment of free antivirus, very light, great detection rates, also removing all kind of malwre without diference to the paid vrsion, using innovative cloud technology, and also including a behaviour shield).

Does PCAV have the conditions to became a well established name and very widely used AV in the segment of the freebies, just like AVG or Avast?
    Is PCAV already the top choise for a free AV?

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

In my opinion now AVG is not as used as other free AV products . At least this is what I see from my practise and what I read in forums. Avast , AVIRA , MSE are may be the most popular from the freebies (this is what I think) . AVG was really popular back in 2004-2005-2006 when paid products of Symantec and McAfee were not as good as they are now and AVG was a good replacement for users (US is the biggest AV market where AVG's populary started from).

As for your main question , I think that YES , Panda Cloud does have the potential and conditions to become number 1 free . Why ? They have excellent marketing and Panda as a company have always had great Marketing Dept. There are not as many free AVs as paid ones and each and every new product in the free AV industry with good marketing can easily become number 1 (well established name) in the segment.

In my own opinition (which I don't want to comment because of the trolls in the forum) : none of the free AVs is good enough but Panda is definitely better than Clam, AVG and Avast (IMO).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  3. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

Probably a bit immature as a product but with great potential imo, PCAV that is.

maybe u should refrase some parts of the thread as A vs B is forbidden here at wilders

4. progress

progress Guest

AVG Free = ok, but crippled anti-rootkit
    Avast Free = no proactive champion
    Avira Free = update process is a joke
    Panda = ok, but auto-quarantine is annoying sometimes

This is not A vs B, this is A vs B vs C vs D :D

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As I'm sure you realise there is no best choice there is only good choice and picking any of the free AV mentioned would fall under the category of good choice

but lets finish on a very wise policy here of not discussing A v B or C or Z ;)
    Please see our Policy concerning these type questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.