Panda Cloud AV and Gaming

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brandonn2010, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Hello. Since Panda Cloud uses the Internet for scanning, how does that affect online gaming? I will be getting and playing Battlefield 3 next week, and I don't want my bandwidth sucked up by Panda when playing.

2. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

it depends on your internet line, but it shouldn't be a problem. there have been reports that browsing or downloading isn't affected even with a dial-up connection. can't say for sure though, as i have a 50 Mbps line.

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We have many users with dialup without a problem. The only real bandwidth usage you will ever see will be running the first full on-demand scan, right after install if its downloading some hotfix (they are normally only a few kb in size anyway) and/or when there is a full version upgrade (which is about once every 3-6months).

Normal usage per day was about 160kb last time we calculated it (note: this is less than the size of some webpages).

4. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

would never guessed it's so little. impressive.

5. pbust

pbust AV Expert

You should try HTTPPro as you can measure bandwidth usage per process really easily. If you do, please post your findings. It would be interesting to contrast different findings.

6. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Very impressive. I have a 20Mbps connection so I think I'm good.

7. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I do some gaming with Panda cloud (not heavy gaming mainly just Puzzle Pirates and TrackMania Nations Forever) and I have never had issues with using Panda Cloud AV with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.