Panda Cloud Antivirus - Version 1.0 Final Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Would it be possible in future versions to add exclusions for realtime protection(files,folders and/or certain filetypes)

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes that's exactly what we're doing for version 1.1. Advanced configuration options to exclude files/folders and other advanced options ;)

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Same here on the Vistax64 gaming box. I initiated a scan to let the cache do its work, only quick scan keeps hanging on 99% while file count continious. Deinstalling now, until it is fixed.

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

odd i have a Win xp sp3 and im scanning the whole C:\ and all is fine.

same with my laptop with win7 home pre.

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I've already sent it to pbust, but since it's late here in Europe, we'll deal with this tommorow morning.

7. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Is Panda Cloud Antivirus "Freeware" for home use only or can Businesses, non-profits, etc. use it also?

Thanks in Advance.

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It's free for home users and non-profit educational.

9. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Thanks for informing us pbust, downloading now.

I have one question though. Can we install it with the same credentials on more than 1 pcs?

Panagiotis

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Officially (license agreement) you need 1 account per PC. However we're not enforcing this clause for multiple home machines & non-profit education and technically you can install on multiple PCs under the same account.

11. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Thanks.
    Maybe you should mention it to the Eula or at the site. If I hadn't asked I would never install it on my parents pc. :)

Panagiotis

12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes you're right, it could be clearer. It is however included in the EULA during the install:
    cloudav-eula.JPG

13. brihy1

brihy1 Registered Member

is there going to be a paid version of panda cloud or is there only the free version which i like?thanks

14. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Running well on my XP Pro SP3 machine alongside Outpost Pro and Zemana AntiLogger. Not experiencing any of the issues that were mentioned in previous posts.

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Not sure if this is normal, but I have an issue of PCAV using a large about of CPU. I installed and ran a quick scan, which completed. I could not get it to complete with the last version, so that bug appears fixed. Unfortunately I watched the CPU usage via Process Explorer and at idle it appears to be using 40-60% of the CPU. So I rebooted, to see if that had any impact, but it still used about 40% of the CPU. I had to then uninstall it, as it slowed everything down too much.

Does it do some behind the scenes stuff right after an install that takes a few hours? Maybe I should have left it overnight to see if the CPU usage would have died down. Still, even if it does have some initial house keeping to do after an install, it should throttle it based on the PCs usage, and do it during times of non-use. I look forward to retrying it when version 1.1 comes out.

16. xandros

xandros Registered Member

i try it today and i think its light
    i try it on my brother laptop coz he like free antivirus
    but where is the update option ?
    any way this is the pics

Attached Files:

17. xandros

xandros Registered Member

itry to see if panda will block this site http://www.spycar.org/Spycar.html
    coz allmost of antivirus avast pro , nod32 , kis , norton , avg
    block this site or worning you (give you worning )
    but panda cloud antivirus sleep !! not give me any worning ??
    i think i will go back to avast pro antivirus
    see

Attached Files:

18. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

You do not need to update it...it gets it virus signatures from the "cloud" in real-time.

19. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

So what's the surprise? HIPS? Sandbox?

20. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Cloud AV doesn't filter pages. And not every AV adheres to Spycar. If you want to test AV, best to use EICAR file which is universally detected by every AV in the world ( and in cloud ).

21. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We are thinking of adding some for-pay services down the road, as well as some additional features. But we don't have the roadmap fully defined just yet.

Clocks right after install Panda Cloud AV will scan all programs and objects loaded in memory. This might take a few mins. If you run the Quick Scan at the same time immediately right after install you could be experiencing the problem you described. Let it sit by itself for a while and let it "do its thing" (scan memory, synchronize cache, fill the known good files cache, etc.) and it should settle into normal CPU/RAM usage.

As mentioned above, we're thinking about some additional for-pay services and additional features, but the roadmap is not yet closed.

There's 2 problems with how you're testing:
    1- As mentioned by vijayind PCA doesn't scan HTTP traffic, you need to actually download and try to run the Spycar programs (at the bottom of the page you mention).
    EDIT: Btw, the actual page you mention is not malicious nor intended to be detected, only the programs its hosting are supposed to be detected. If we did detect the actual page it would be a false positive.
    2- If you try to run the Spycar test files you will see that Panda Cloud AV does detect them:
    spycar.JPG

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  22. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

@ Pbust

What do you mean Pay for Service? so PCA will start be to 'Slimmed' Down kinda just like Avg free vs their pro? sort of thing?.

I wouldnt hope nothing like that.

23. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Not at all, there will not no "slimming down". I'm only talking about additional stuff.

Even further, we are still developing *more* features and functionalities for Panda Cloud AV Free, so you should expect to see more, not less.

24. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

ok, thank you

mad me think that is was turning into a slim down such as AVG /Avira.

Thanks for the head up.

can you clarify on what you are talking with "additional Stuff" means will that be paid services? or what are you think of paid?

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

God forbid !!

PS: just kidding, I think those are very good products as well :)

I can't clarify just yet. All I can say is that we will be adding more new free features & functionalities and new for-pay features and functionalities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.