Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

2. guest

guest Guest

"Panda's Collective Intelligence servers have analyzed 81.050.002 viruses and known goodware"

Panda CloudAV also analyze the known goodware? or Its like norton that skip to analyze it? Have you think in add this feature in a future?

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

As a matter of fact Collective Intelligence also analyzes goodware. It's not like Norton which simply leaves the decision up to the user. We actually do analyze it to come to a determination of "good for sure" or "bad for sure".

4. guest

guest Guest

As far as I know the goodware is "good for sure", you dont need to re-analyze again and again and spend resources.

So I have to guess that you dont think to implement something similar future?

5. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Ok you're talking about the client part. I was talking about the server (cloud) part.

Yes the client program (Panda Cloud Antivirus) does have a goodware cache that is fed by the server part (Collective Intelligence). This not only improves scanning speed but also overall performance.

However the implementation is slightly different than Norton. We do not ask the user if they want to execute or not based on prevalence of the file. If we know it's good, we'll allow its execution.

6. guest

guest Guest

I have install it and I have created and account (seems to be the only way to use it) but when i try to logon says that my password or my username is wrong and I am sure that it's ok I even change it.

Seems that there is some delay I will try later.
    Somebody could logon?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
  7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

@pbust
    Is Panda Cloud AV now able to auto update itself (i mean the program files)?

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Not yet, we'll have that with version 1.1.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Thx. What about quarantine? Is it working now? I know that most of the time, deleted stuff was just deleted and there was no way of restoring it.

10. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes that's one of the main corrections of this version, along with the background scan and some others. More details here:
    http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/2009/10/26/beta3-available-for-download/

11. guest

guest Guest

I am still trying to login, is this normal?

12. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It seems the DNS changes are still propagating. Give it some time and try again later.

13. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Its working nicely. Am I understanding this correct that PCA must be used standalone? And if yes, this means that there was/is no compability testing made?

14. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Correct. It's a full-blown AV in and by itself. Therefore it cannot be used in parallel with another full-blown AV.

15. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Ah ok thx. But it sure works with Prevx, Sandboxie, ThreatFire and such things without problems?

16. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes with those type of apps it doesn't have any problems as far as I know.

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Are there any known conflicts with Microsoft Security Essentials?

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

I haven't heard anything but I would imagine that there are, just as there are conflicts with any other 2 AVs competing for system access.

19. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I have tried it alongside other AV's and it works fine. One Combo i like is Panda ClouD + Immunet protect. I found this works quite well, ClouD x ClouD

Having many ClouD's in the sky makes for good shade, No?

20. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Interesting combo. Let me know how it works out when you come across some samples.

21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It seems Panda Cloud is having problems with detection in Windows 7 action center (32bit). It's showing as OFF even though it's enabled.

22. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Doas it have self-defence feature? I tried terminated it by task meneger and I think I did it successfully...

23. progress

progress Guest

I think this feature will be available in v 1.0!

24. guest

guest Guest

24 h later and I cant conect yet

The message is this:
    "Ha ocurrido un error
    Parece que hay algun problema y no es posible comprobar sus datos
    Por favor vuelva a intentarlo de nuevo"

I am in Denmark can be this a problem?

25. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I hate the fact that on-access detection is in fact on-execution and that file remains where it was even after detection. It's just 0 bytes long. I want malware to be detected right away when it's downloaded, not when i execute it. I'm using Firefox 3.5.3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.