Panda av

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by well_well_well, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello
    I am from Portugal and i am new here, this is my first post.Well today i run my TDS3 and has found a file "webproxy" as a trojan but my concern is that file is inside the directory of panda titanium antivirus and as you all know panda is a well known av, is there a problem with this one?Also tells me "reference to known trojan author(weird).
    Thank you for your help. :)

Mário

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi well_well_well & welcome,
    It is possible that the file was caught by Panda and is in some sort of quarrantine, TDS3 may be seeing it there.
    Ihave found this link regarding a vulnerability in webproxy: http://secunia.com/product/2307/ Though I do not know if this might apply to you.
    If you can find the file please copy and zip it up then send to submit@diamondcs.com.au

Thanks. Pilli

3. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Pilli,

Panda installs a webproxy as part of its installation. I think it is much like proxomitron (did I get that spelling correct). Did not work well with PG3. Not too sure about TDS though. Anyway, I uninstalled Panda after like 5 minutes after installing it and reinstalled my OS since there were lots of fragments of Panda leftovers after the installations ....

Cheers

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks JayTree, I have no experience with Panda so cannot comment on it not working with PG. :)

Pilli

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Should be OK, what was the alarm exactly ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.