Panda av

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by well_well_well, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello
    I am from Portugal and i am new here, this is my first post.Well today i run my TDS3 and has found a file "webproxy" as a trojan but my concern is that file is inside the directory of panda titanium antivirus and as you all know panda is a well known av, is there a problem with this one?Also tells me "reference to known trojan author(weird).
    Thank you for your help. :)

Mário

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi well_well_well & welcome,
    It is possible that the file was caught by Panda and is in some sort of quarrantine, TDS3 may be seeing it there.
    Ihave found this link regarding a vulnerability in webproxy: http://secunia.com/product/2307/ Though I do not know if this might apply to you.
    If you can find the file please copy and zip it up then send to submit@diamondcs.com.au

Thanks. Pilli

3. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Pilli,

Panda installs a webproxy as part of its installation. I think it is much like proxomitron (did I get that spelling correct). Did not work well with PG3. Not too sure about TDS though. Anyway, I uninstalled Panda after like 5 minutes after installing it and reinstalled my OS since there were lots of fragments of Panda leftovers after the installations ....

Cheers

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks JayTree, I have no experience with Panda so cannot comment on it not working with PG. :)

Pilli

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Should be OK, what was the alarm exactly ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.