Panda AV/IS/GP 2013 Available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We just released this a few hours ago:
    http://www.pandasecurity.com/security-promotion/usa/

• New user interface look and feel, making it easier than ever to use the tools included in the 2013 lineup. Inclusion of new update buttons and the ability to access reports and statistics from the scan screen.
    • Improved antivirus engine with better detection and disinfection capabilities.
    • New password manager: Encrypted password repository that protects your digital identity and allows you to log into websites with just one click.
    • New installer that makes installation easier and faster than ever.
    • New feature to automatically shut down the computer after completing a scan.
    • Compatible with Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
    • New system for sending questions to Tech Support. Resolve your queries faster.
    • Improved OS vulnerability detection by integrating Microsoft’s Windows Update API.
    • Better malware detection.
    • Improvements for several technology modules (TruPrevent, Web proxy and firewall).
    • Better disinfection capabilities on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
    • Improved on-demand scanning by leveraging all the CPU cores.

As a side note to coincide with the year the 2013 versions all include 13 months of service instead of the regular 12 months.

P13-01.JPG

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Some will say the new UI is ugly, but compaired the the 2012 version its an improvement.

3. muf

muf Registered Member

The new UI is ugly. ;)

Seriously though. It is!

4. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Come on guys, is ui the only thing that should be discussed right now ? i don't care about ui , though it looks fine to me.

pbust , please explain more about the Unknown malware detection and how that work.

and i have another question, hence i been testing the beta version and its registration meant to be be valid till April 2013 , what now ? :D

5. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

I think it's a beautiful UI.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I will try panda internet security 2013. I like their rescue disc and cloud scanner.

I have never tryed panda realtime protection products.

I have no problem with the new UI. I am much more interested in the improved protection and removal of malware and the faster scan times.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Amen Amin! Totally agree!:thumb:

8. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Will give it a shot...really need to hear from trjam!!!!:) He is my Panda advisor!

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha i still remember the previous GUI, it was used for like 10 years if i'm not mistaken. :D

10. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

mmmh! I think lately he was Webroot advisor.:D

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I tried it. I like the GUI. But for me it comes to system impact, or lack of and that is where WSA wins, hands down.

12. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I like the new GUI. I like color vs the primarily black GUIs so many others use.

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I actually like the gui. I don't care about guis though. System impact, scanning speeds, malware removal and easy installing/uninstalling is what counts for me.;)

14. carat

carat Guest

I think so too. :)

15. Nice GUI, how does it perform though? I was very impressed with the free cloud cleaners detection rates.

16. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

The products use what we call TruPrevent, an engine consisting of two parts: behavioral blocker and behavioral analysis. Panda Cloud also uses TruePrevent technology but it was downsized greatly to fit the package. Anyway, you can read more about TruPrevent here: http://research.pandasecurity.com/How-TruPrevent-Works-I/

Psh, forget the beta key! :argh: All beta participants can benefit from 50% off the product. *puppy*

Feel free to tell me if I misunderstood question one.

17. tipo

tipo Registered Member

exactly!
    i really like the GUI! good job panda! :thumb:

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

What's the installer size of Panda IS? Daily update size, full scan speed? How much disk space does it occupy? How much RAM does it consume?

19. pbust

pbust AV Expert

20. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Improvements in resource usage?

21. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes there quite a few, especially on-demand scan speed.

22. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Trialing the antivirus pro right now.I like the gui and the option to remove other panda products from the main panel.That used to bug the hell out of me with AVG.Seems light and detection ok in my own tests .The firewall seems nice and basic too_Overall a thumbs up from me.:thumb: Only negative is the damn popup telling me im using a trial everytime i open it ( why do av vendors insist on that c**p?).Of course i know its a trial....i did install it mr panda :rolleyes:

23. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yeah we have that bad habit of trying to make money after spending so much time and development on new products and keeping up with malware ;) Just kidding, but yes it can get annoying I agree.

In order to get rid of this problem I'm giving away 15 licenses for our new 2013 products, 5 license for each (Panda AV 2013, Panda IS 2013 and Panda GP 2013).

To get a license simply send me a PM indicating which product you want it for (don't say ALL please). First come first serve. If I'm out of licenses for the product you selected I'll send you a license for another.

24. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Nothing wrong in trying to make money ,but a months trial should be just that,a full months trial just like the paid version without the continuous reminders.Once a weeks ok but not everytime you open the gui.That said ,i am impressed with this version.Just nit picking here ,but theres a small gui error on the update wizard (theres no "finish" to click).I dont know if your aware..but no biggie anyway.:)

Attached Files:

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Cool, thanks for the bug report!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.