Panda Antivirus 2007 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Legendkiller, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I just checked out their beta page and found out that beta-testing has started for antivirus 2007,
    New:
    Panda Antivirus 2007 protects you permanently and automatically against all types of viruses and spyware with the least system resources usage (Memory, CPU). It is simple to use and updates automatically via the Internet, so that you don’t need to worry about it.

Panda Antivirus 2007 BETA Main Features

This new product incorporates the following features:

* Low system resources usage.
    * Anti-spyware protection. Protects your privacy and the confidentiality of your data, preventing spyware programs from collecting information on your browsing habits.
    * Automatic protection against all types of malicious software. Neutralizes and deletes all types of threats: viruses, Trojans, worms, dangerous scripts, etc.
    * Protection against fraud. Protects your computer against the most common online fraud scams: Redirection of dialup phone connections to premium rate numbers and access to web pages controlled by fraudsters (phishing).
    * Automatic updates. The program updates when it detects an Internet connection so that you don’t have to worry. All you need to do is enter the user name and password that you receive via email after you register the product in the application.
    * Services. Panda Antivirus 2007 includes a wide range of services which give you the backing of IT security experts. Some services evaluate and resolve any questions you may have. Some of the services included are: Internet tech support, email tech support, sending of suspicious, etc.
    Link:http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/beta/particulares/L07.htm?sitepanda=particulares

2. .....

..... Registered Member

Tried this.

Resource usage (atleast memory... as CPU was always low) has been reduced quite a bit. The number of resident processes has been reduced to 5.

GUI looks pretty similar to old versions.

Two gripes: Startup still takes a very long time :doubt: . Still no options to choose the action when a malware item is found.

(will post screenshots if anyone is interested).

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Please, post few screenies.

4. Legendkiller

Here it is,and yes its very light on the pc...

Attached Files:

• P-1.JPG
      P-1.JPG
      File size:
      41.4 KB
      Views:
  5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Can you post few screenshots from settings page and detection dialog (use EICAR)?

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It looks almost like my Titanium 2006 with a lot less features.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is the same , to be honest !!! :D

What is new here . It is the same as Panda 2006

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think it is pointless . The AV should automatically decide what to do and Panda does it . Some files are best to be renamed , some are best to be deleted . The home user cannot decide what to do , they don't find the difference between rename and remove(delete) . Moreover Panda Titanium is home-user product . Well , in Platinum you can decide what to do with some files

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well i am a home user and i do care how i deal with malware. Thats why i prefer avast! or NOD32 because they show me a dialog with few options on what to do with file. I even accept where you can predefine actions like Clean if fails, move to Quarantine. Or if i like i can change Move to Quarantine to Delete. Or Deny access. But fixed clean if fails then delete is something that i certanly don't like.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am absolutely sure you are much more knowledgeable than the average home user

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Is it ligher than 2006 versions ?

Does it has a firewall and all the protections which 2006 has because I don't see them on the screenshot . If not , may be they will be added later

12. Legendkiller

certainly on my pc.

13. 314

314 Registered Member

HiTech_boy, I disagree. Consider my uncle. I help him with his computer. I use a remote-access program called RADMIN.EXE to do this. The other day the antivirus scanner DELETED this program, and I couldn't help him. Software that doesn't ask but just deletes away at stuff sucks due to false positives like this and other.

Consider: Panda is setting itself up for lawsuits when people loose 1 year's worth of work because a worm added some trivial VB macro code to some doc files that changes their home page. Panda comes along and removes all traces of those valuable doc files. What is the virus here? The worm? Changed a home page. Who cares. What caused the $100,000 in lost work? Panda. They are liable. How much better to stick those files into the quarantine.

14. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi Big C do you use panda 2006 or the whole PIS , whats it like?would u say its better then TIS ?

15. bigc73542

I do have a copy of Panda Titanium 2006. with antispyware and firewall. It runs pretty light on my comp and seems to be very effective. But I am running F-secure internet security 2006 now.

16. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Panda was one of the first vendors that started to detect adware and spyware, offered online scanning and now added feature "protection against vulnerabilities".
    Im sure that this feature will be widely used soon.

Their big disadvantage was that it slow down computers with 256mb of ram or less and that it poping-up diferent kind of notifications very often.

17. maddawgz

Antivirus + Firewall 2007 Beta -

this has me interested anyone dl that one yet??

18. woobook

woobook Registered Member

Actually it's Titanium I think.
    There are three kinds of versions 2007. Beside Platinum and Titanium, there is a new version, a antivirus which doesn't include firewall. Maybe it is due to many people like to choose another firewall.
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/promotions/betatesters_mp4/

19. bigc73542

I know the Titanium 2006 with antispyware and truprevent actually runs very light on my system no slow downs. It has improved on resource use.

Amd 3200+
    1.5gigs ram

20. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is great if Panda has a version with no firewall.

By the way , have you noticed they have added new product for LinuxProtection .

And have you noticed they have removed TruPrevent Personal as a stand alone product :'( :'( :'(

21. maddawgz

so which panda is best one without firewall?? thanks

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It depends on your needs . When I used Panda , I always turned its firewall off because I was and still am using Windows Firewall . If I need to buy Panda 2007 , I would definitely choose the one without firewall because of the built-in Windows Firewall and my router :D

23. maddawgz

yes i have a router/modem but i still use pc cillian 2005 firewall guess i dont have to and just use windows one i havnt had many viruses been happy with pc cillian but i think Panda has a little more detection as long as theyre not to bloated like 2006..MD

24. aigle

aigle Registered Member

This was pretty useless in my opinion. May be nobody even buying it.

25. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey , no . I have NOD32 licenses as well as 1 license for Titanium 2005 and 1 license for TruPrevent Personal 2006 . So I bought it ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.