Panda 2010 Suspicious file detection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by smage, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi,

I was trying Panda Internet Security 2010, I ran an on demand scan and it moved 3 files to the quarantine. These files are called suspicious and I sent them to Panda.

How much time does it take to get a response from Panda and if it is found to be a false positive will it be automatically restored?

Thanks

2. gery

gery Registered Member

Re: PIS 2010 Suspicious file detection

i had the same issue and i never got any response yet. almost one month ago i did send them 1 suspicious file and they never responded.

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

It depends on the type of threat and how busy Pandalabs is. The good part is Panda stopped the file if they are malicious, if they are FP's they get fixed much faster if you email them in.

4. smage

smage Registered Member

Ok thx, but I have submitted the files by clicking "Send to Panda" from the quarantine. Is it necessary to also send them an emai, because then I'll have to note the path of the files, restore them and then send them to Panda again. A lot of work.lol.

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I don't really know for sure because I have never had an FP from Panda.

Here is a quote from David on the PCAV forums.

6. smage

smage Registered Member

Ok thanks for your help, but I'm not sure whether PIS and PCAV work in the same way. Anyway I'll upload the files to VT and then send an email to Panda asap.

Regards

7. pbust

pbust AV Expert

As you said PIS and PCAV treat them differently.

The best way to get a quick answer is by emailing the file in a passworded zip archive to virus@pandasecurity.com.

Alternatively if you're sure it's an FP you can email it to falsepositives@pandasecurity.com.

These mailboxes go directly to us at PandaLabs and are not mixed with the massive submissions of the products' quarantine & recycle bins.

8. smage

smage Registered Member

Thanks pbust, I'll send it to the appropriate mail address.

A bit off topic if you don't mind :)

(1) How does the firewall allocates permission when set to automatic mode? It seems that it is giving outbound access to all applications, even for the GRC leak test.

(2) It appears that we cannot run a safe mode scan with PIS 2010, fortunately we do have a Panda rescue disk.

(3) Is Panda vaccine integrated in PIS 2010?

(4) There should also be an option so that it does not automatically delete files which it considers infected during an on demand scan.

Other than that, the product is fine. Some improvements can be done to make it lighter on resources though I have experienced no slowdowns.

Thanks

9. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes, it is an intelligent decision based on the analysis of the process. The firewall gets information not only from the process but also from other components of the suite (heuristics, behavioural analysis, etc.) to determine which application can have permission and which not. The objective is to have a completely automated intelligence without requiring user input. The reason that the GRC leak test being allowed to communicate is because they are not malicious per se. Leak tests are not a good way to test intelligent firewalls. They might have been OK 5 or 10 years ago, but nowadays they don't really add much value.

Yes, and you can also download the command-line scanner for these situations:
    http://research.pandasecurity.com/new-panda-antivirus-command-line-9-5-1/

Yes, you can find under Start-Programs-Panda. It's not activated by default, you have to open it and configure at will.

It does have this option. Simply click on the configuration of the Scan window and you will be able to choose the default action.

10. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi pbust,

Thanks for the detailed explanations, it's really nice to have you on the forum.
    I have found the options that I was looking for.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

11. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Anytime, glad to be of help ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.