Panda 2007 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ASpace, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  2. proll

proll Registered Member

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

And where is Panda IS 2007 ? It isn't released , I think

4. proll

proll Registered Member

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I found them . The onliest Panda product I now like is the new P Antivirus . All the others are too heavy as always

Panda AV + firewall as heavy as the current (128 RAM more)
    Panda IS recommends 256 mb ramfor normal work .

Does these guys understand that people want their computer for work and fun . People can't sacrafice the half of the RAM and the processor for security , lol ! I want my computer to be secure with small foot print . My PC has only 512 RAM . If I install PIS , it will take more than the half of my RAM .:blink: :blink: :blink:

6. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

the color has been changed and it seems only the AV has been launched...

7. IBK

IBK AV Expert

It's sad that I will not be able to tell you if Panda really improved something or how it scores against other products, since Panda decided to leave av-comparatives due its not very high results in the last two tests... :blink: (= users will not know how Panda is compared to others and imo will have to rely mainly on the selected information that their marketing delivers... :doubt: )

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

But it looks like the standalone AV does not. Without TP or the Firewall, the AV should run a lot lighter.

Further, the price looks promising as the license will cover 2 PCs.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well their score used to be among the better ones, so i don't know why they don't have any confidence in their product.

10. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

PIS is their premium product. Back in the day you could purchase Panda Platinium (their premium AV), but I guess they scratched that one for some reason.
    Can't really understand why they removed TruPrevent from their low cost product.. It only means less protection.
    But of course, they could have implemented new stuff to replace TruPrevent.

I'm lost...

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Read carefully , they removed TruPrevent but have developed new heuristic engine . It is much much lighter and that is because it has no firewall/no IDS/no TP

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

13. IBK

IBK AV Expert

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Amazed , the new Panda Antivirus 2007 installation doesn't need to reboot after the install process. You know , all previous versions needed to restart the PC before they run . The new one runs without restart

15. Legendkiller

kindly post some screenshots...

16. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

So basically .. TruPrevent has been renamed to Genetic Heuristic Engine?
    I'm so lost right now

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Always for you but impossible . :)

I subscribed for a trial version in Panda's site , they got my details and kindly respond a trial version isn't ready yet :( I will be notified when the trial is ready but if I wish I may buy it instead of trialing it , funny

About the info , since you can buy it , all the documentation for it is ready . If you download this product documentations and guides you will see real pics which clearly show the product runs without restarting

I hope ESET add this in v3 :D

19. Legendkiller

dunno why they arent sending the download link immediately!!

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

21. ASpace

ASpace Guest

May we stop this , please . Thanks !:isay:

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

What exactly? You said behavior blockers aren't the same as heuristics...

23. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

http://www.viruslist.com/en/analysis?pubid=189801874
    "Behavior Blockers
    A behavior blocker is a program that analyzes the behavior of applications executed and blocks any dangerous activity. Unlike heuristic analyzers, where suspicious actions are tracked in emulation mode (dynamic heuristics), behavior blockers work in real-life conditions."

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's still a form of heuristics. Wherever you have some rules or thresholds you have heuristics. It's like saying Wankel engine isn't actually an engine because it doesn't use pistons like classic 4 stroke engines. But hey, it'll still run your car...

25. IBK

IBK AV Expert

"First-generation behavior blockers were not very sophisticated. Whenever a potentially dangerous action was detected, the user was prompted to allow or block the action. Although this approach worked in many situations, “suspicious” actions were sometimes performed by legitimate programs (including the operating system) and users who didn’t necessarily understand the process were often unable to understand the system’s prompts."
    some new behaviour blockers may have reduced the amount of interaction, but it is still there - and also behaviour blockers can not block 100% of all malware (even if it flags more things)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.