Pale Moon Browser and SpywareBlaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by niki, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niki

niki Registered Member

A week ago I installed PaleMoon, the browser that is derived from and (virtual) identical to Firefox. This is the link: http://www.palemoon.org/start/

My question now is as follows: Does SpywareBlaster recognize PaleMoon browser as it is the same as FF and protects PM in the same way (cookies) as with Firefox?

Thank you in advance for any answers pertaining to the above.

2. dlb

dlb Registered Member

Excellent question!!! I'd like to know how/if SpywareBlaster works with the PaleMoon browser also.....

3. niki

niki Registered Member

Guess that no one knows the answer (yet) to our question?

4. jjop

jjop Registered Member

Ended up here for the hope of some solutions, but there seems to be none..

Then i tried this;
    Copied palemoon's profile content, (located in here: Document and settings\"user"\Application Data\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\)

created temporal firefox profile folder (Document and settings\"user"\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\)

and copied palemoon's profile folder to there.

Now spywareblaster recognizes firefox and it's now able to apply the protection, then I just copied the profile folder back to the original place.

But will it work this way? In other words how does spywareblaster's protection work? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.